• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Left them in an Australian hotel iirc. still no reason to just refuse to come here
He may want to stay in sweet with the Sri Lankan board as much as he can and the SA and CA contracts would be worth peanuts to him in comparison with his IPL dosh. His injury is genuine according to his previous skippers.

It's interesting though, that the list of 'names' is getting thinner and thinner.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's true, and you want the best players playing. The thing is that SA have just kept on seeing a gap and trying to find a replacement outside of the state year after year, so it leads to no cohesiveness. It's the way you go about it that determines it's success.
The system below Shield cricket in SA isn't producing FC cricketers so it's a tough one for the SA selectors. Chadd Sayers for example; utterly dominated grade cricket last year, averaged < 10 with the ball. At Shield level, was pretty much a straight med-quick who, if the list stays fit, probably won't play a first XI game next season.

Mind you, I'm not letting the selectors off the hook because the few FC cricketers SA has produced or at least nurtured in grade cricket they don't pick or only did when the season was all but over soooo....

Last edited:

Spikey

Very very good stuff from WA. Was expecting one of our quicks to go and WA was always the obvious place, but I was hoping it'd be Burt ****ley or someone instead.

Jackson Bird a decent enough get too (PEWS to confirm/deny)

Last edited:

Spikey

so what

o'keefe
copeland
haze
starc/cummins/clark/so on with Moises in there too

next season

not that it matters cause they'll be injured

Spikey

nah hauritz is up at 4, where he belongs :cool:

i'm also not ruling out the chance hauritz will have just killed himself after shane warne's daughter gets picked for the SL tour

dougeh meanwhile is there given today's events

benchmark00

I wonder how Burt **** is coming along. Was looking the goods a couple of seasons back.

Played him in a rep game once. Genuinely scared me.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
so what

o'keefe
copeland
haze
starc/cummins/clark/so on with Moises in there too

next season

not that it matters cause they'll be injured
IIRC, Clark gave it away to run a BBL side.

O'Keefe could easily bat 7 to get Hauritz in there; and I get the feeling Cummins will play as much of the season as possible, with a CA contract and all...

Spikey

Yeah but Clark's still going ahead in grade and will be on call if injures happen, which they will.

Andre

International Regular
Cameron a great get for WA. If he can stay fit I fully expect him to become the 2nd best quick in the country behind R Harris.

Bit suprised with Tassie going for Bird from NSW. Having played a bit with him and against him he's looked a good first grader but hasn't really looked like kicking on from there. Haven't seen him bowl for a few seasons now though but he might be a yard short of pace for Shield cricket. Will be interesting to see, similar sort of gamble to the Matt Day one which didn't come off.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
The signing of Mark Cameron is a massive boost for Western Australia. Any further information on why he chose to switch states? If fit he was already in the NSW XI, and Western Australia are only giving him a one year deal.

The other signings are massive too. Rimmington and Birt both needed a change of states.