• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure. Still reckon selection is the bigger fish to fry, though. Have a look at Phil Hughes, utterly dominant at Shield level so is a monty for a Test spot. Gets a go and he looks so toey, you're almost fearful for his safety and then gets out the same way every time.

Be interesting to see what the selectors do if either or both of Clarke/Ponting's form continues too. The selection of the team seems predicated on the notion that they'll bounce back soon when, well, they might not. Potentially, ahead of facing number 1 India, we'll have a Test side with 5 of the top 7 out of form but their only competitors in Shield cricket a bloke who looks like a Test player but won't be considered until he loses 20Kg and a bunch of other guys have no real notivation to succeed because the Test side is being picked for reasons other than form.

The only option then will be to back the incumbents and hope like hell they come good. I sure hope the bowlers have been putting in the miles because they're going to be in the field defending some low totals fairly often.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Selection yes, is a far bigger concern.

Can you believe that Hildick is still picking teams. He's shown bad judgement in the past, is still prattling on about how planning for the Ashes is the main driver of selection (which goes to show he hasn't learnt anything), and he's out of contract...and yet he's still picking teams!

Top_Cat

Think the lack of interested applicants is an issue. Would you do it? **** no, let Hilditch, GChappell, etc. go down with the ship.

Spark

Global Moderator
For all his stats being good, he'll always be the great wasted talent of our team. Shame he's such a flake, because he's so good to watch when he's on top of his game.
Non-repeatable action etc. Much more inexplicable is Siddle going missing for long periods when he has a much more repeatable action and should have much more control.

Spikey

no surprise. nice to see QLD trying to fix their batting. rather that than victoria

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I hate Queensland, but I love Pete Forrest so I'm happier to see him go there than Victoria. Will be a star.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic news that Peter Forrest has changed states. He has played enough decent innings over the years for NSW to suggest that given a consistent run he will do well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing to lose Forest, but a good move for him and Queensland. Looks like Queensland have starting to move into 21st century and looking at other states to develop their team.

morgieb

Happy for Forrest. Has the potential to be a stalwart in the Shield, and I just don't think we can offer him a permanent spot.