• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off-season 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More Adelaide Grade news, Will Bosisto is moving over here to play for Uni in first grade. No SACA contract but it wouldn't surprise me if he does get a couple games at some point. Genuinely rated him as an U19 but he never really kicked on, couple good innings but was always in and out of the WA side.
He was doing alright for WA wasn't he? I recall him making a few scores and getting quite a bit of a bowl too

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He was doing alright for WA wasn't he? I recall him making a few scores and getting quite a bit of a bowl too
Made a couple of decent scores over the last two but was fairly hot and cold, being shunted up and down the order didn't help with that. Overall average is a dire 23, but that has been more like about 30 the last couple of years. His offies are serviceable but nothing flash, had problems with his action in the past

I would absolutely love it if moving here was all it took to become the FC standard batsman he has shown glimpses of, but I have been following South Australian cricket long enough to not get my hopes up.

Burgey

Don't rate him or is he a knob?
It's not that I don't rate him, it's just they're doing the same thing with him they did with Sangha and Edwards. Though Davies at least has made a first grade ton.

Edit: plays for Manly, so has to be a knob, really.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not that I don't rate him, it's just they're doing the same thing with him they did with Sangha and Edwards. Though Davies at least has made a first grade ton.

Edit: plays for Manly, so has to be a knob, really.
IIRC Sangha actually had a decent first grade record before his NSW debut. Agree with your broader point though, shouldn't fasttrack people into FC cricket solely based on age group runs, especially somewhere like NSW where you have blokes who have been consistently performing at grade level waiting in the wings.

Bit different here in South Australia. But the gulf between Sydney grade and Adelaide grade is pretty much night and day

TheJediBrah

But then NSW have debuted grade batsmen that clearly haven't been up to scratch, like that Ned Bootles guy last season

Burgey

But then NSW have debuted grade batsmen that clearly haven't been up to scratch, like that Ned Bootles guy last season
No wonder there’s a prescription drug problem when dickheads like this are responsible for collecting them off the shelves and putting them in bottles.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Good thing Burns and Petterson are at home getting prepared to face NZ this summer.

NZ now have 3 batsmen in ICC top 8 and 2 bowlers in ICC top 6. Wow!

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Genuinely have no idea who will keep for for the SACAs when the one day cup starts. Carey will still be with Sussex and Nielsen has a crocked finger

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Are you serious that Carey wont be back and instead be over in England.

Looks like a return for Ludes!!!!!

aussie tragic

International Captain
Genuinely have no idea who will keep for for the SACAs when the one day cup starts. Carey will still be with Sussex and Nielsen has a crocked finger
SA first game is 24 Sep while Carey finishes T20 contract 21 Sep at the latest if Sussex make the final. If they're knocked out in semi no problem.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah looks like I read the fixture list wrong, Carey should be available.

Ludes isn't an option, he's back in Victoria now

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone come across Cricket Mentoring? It's a business started by Tom Scollay (former Middlesex pro and now 1st Grade player for Perth CC) He works with some incredibly talented young players

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
One day cup starts in just under 2 weeks.

Anyone with any news? I just know Chris Lynn isnt playing for QLD as he wants to be a T20/T10 overseas player.

TheJediBrah

Damn that has really snuck up hasn't it? I assume it will be streamed on CA app again? Always a challenge to find a way to set it up at work

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
No real news yet as far as I can see

For South Australia, I would go something like this:

Weatherald
Carey (WK)
Ferguson
Head (C)
Lehmann
Cooper
Valente
Zampa
Mennie
Richardson
Worrall*

Ross
Andrews
Johnson
Oakley

*if fit

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hard to argue with that XI.

QLD
Bryant
Khawaja
Burns
Labuschagne
Renshaw
Wildermuth
Peirson
Neser
McDermott
Kuhnemann
Stanlake

No room for former aussie ODI 'star' Heazlett. Swepson not good enough and former Aussie squad member Doggett unable to get a game too.