• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off-season 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard that Renshaw scored 2 big hundreds in Qld trial games as well
This always happens with Renshaw though. Scores 100s in trial games. Scores a triple century in grade cricket. Averages 50+ in County cricket.

Then every time he hits the Shield when Test selection is on the table he ****s up royally

aussie tragic

International Captain
Haven't been to a shield game since NSW played in Newcastle in the 80's, but might go to Qld game this year with Burns, Renshaw, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Neser and McDermott.to see.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't been to a shield game since NSW played in Newcastle in the 80's, but might go to Qld game this year with Burns, Renshaw, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Neser and McDermott.to see.
If I remember correctly the last Shield game in Newcastle was in early 2009, local lad Mark Cameron took 4 in the second innings to bowl NSW to victory.

I know I talk a lot about him, but Cameron really was that good

morgieb

Doesn't McDermott play for Tassie? Older one will struggle to get games when their full-strength side plays too IMO.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally I think Neser is going to be the new Noffke - a great Queensland all rounder but never given a go at the top level. There's too much competition for fast bowling spots and his batting isn't good enough to be picked on that.

Still, hope he takes a ton of wickets this summer. I've got a good feeling about Queensland's chances this season.

TheJediBrah

Personally I think Neser is going to be the new Noffke - a great Queensland all rounder but never given a go at the top level. There's too much competition for fast bowling spots and his batting isn't good enough to be picked on that.

Still, hope he takes a ton of wickets this summer. I've got a good feeling about Queensland's chances this season.
Problem with Neser for mine is I can't see him being effective in Tests on the flatter surfaces without swing around. I'd be all for picking him on a Hobart greentop like that game against SA a few years ago.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Problem with Neser for mine is I can't see him being effective in Tests on the flatter surfaces without swing around. I'd be all for picking him on a Hobart greentop like that game against SA a few years ago.
Yes Neser could have fulfilled the Mennie role.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he could lift his batting to be good enough to bat 6 or 7 in the test side he'd be a huge asset. But I agree he's well behind the best group of bowlers we have.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the Noffers comparison is quite an apt one actually. Not so much in bowling style (Neser is shorter and skiddier) but in role in the team. Lead new ball bowler and capable of bailing out a failing top order with the bat numerous times. Noffke circa 2007-08 all over again

SeamUp

International Coach
Marsh One Day Cup squads for NSW and Vics released earlier today. Probably time of the official season thread to be started.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Marsh One Day Cup squads for NSW and Vics released earlier today. Probably time of the official season thread to be started.
Was genuinely going to do that tomorrow morning. Then I realise it is tomorrow morning now. (12:11 AM)

Life was much simpler when Brockers did everything