• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Need Finch in the team for some leadership at the moment.

Thoroughly approve of this.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you don't think Tremain is a chance of making the team?
He'd be my choice for 2nd quick. Everyone seems to have forgotten Sayers though, technically he's the incumbent.

My team prediction:

1. Renshaw
2. Khawaja
3. S Marsh
4. Finch
5. Head
6. M Marsh
7. Paine (C) (WK)
8. Starc
9. Tremain
10. Lyon
11. Holland

Maxwell
J Richardson
Agar
Swepson
I swear if Maxwell manages to be left out again . . . never should have been dropped in the first place

Burgey

Yeah, without wanting to sound politically incorrect, this side is borderline special needs by Australian standards (first choice for most other countries, but still). If Maxwell doesn't start this series he may as well pack up and just play all the T20 leagues around the place.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'd be my choice for 2nd quick. Everyone seems to have forgotten Sayers though, technically he's the incumbent.
I think most of us don't believe Sayers will do any good in the UAE conditions. That said Copeland wasn't terrible in Sri Lanka.

I swear if Maxwell manages to be left out again . . . never should have been dropped in the first place
I don't see Maxwell making it in. They seem to setting up Head for the position he would occupy. Would be stupid, especially as Maxwell can play spin well when he applies himself while Head is not such a good player of it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Personally I would have had him over Marsh the younger in the starting XI, but with Langer at the helm we all know that won't happen. Besides, having four Vics in the team* is just sad

*yeah I know Tremain was originally from NSW, but he has been with Victoria for quite a while now

TheJediBrah

I think most of us don't believe Sayers will do any good in the UAE conditions. That said Copeland wasn't terrible in Sri Lanka.

I don't see Maxwell making it in. They seem to setting up Head for the position he would occupy. Would be stupid, especially as Maxwell can play spin well when he applies himself while Head is not such a good player of it.
I wouldn't pick Sayers in an Australia F team in the UAE but just saying he's technically the incumbent

Gnske

I feel bad for Tremain in this situation, I can see him getting smashed in the UAE and then never getting selected again when the usual three pacers break down.

For that reason I feel Maxwell might be selected just as an excuse not to select him during the summer despite the fact it's more than likely the entire batting order is going to have a major malfunction this tour.

social

I will be pleasantly surprised if they pick Maxi as they never need an excuse to leave him out

stephen

Maxwell will play in the UAE. Smith was the reason he was left out constantly in the past and he's no longer a voice in the Aussie camp.

I could see them randomly dropping Renshaw again though. Burns almost certainly won't play, which is dumb since he's the best performing opener other than Renshaw and can easily drop down the order.

Renshaw
Khawaja
Maxwell
S Marsh
M Marsh
Head/Agar
Paine
Starc
Tremain
Holland
Lyon

Is who I think they'll pick. I think they should pick Burns to open instead of either Agar or Head though.

They may take Handscomb as the backup keeper though.

Gnske

I'd like to see Burns play, but I'd be glad if he does miss out on this treat of a series.

I can see him getting bowled in almost every innings if he does.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd like to see Burns play, but I'd be glad if he does miss out on this treat of a series.

I can see him getting bowled in almost every innings if he does.
This is pretty much precisely why I want Burns to play. It'll serve the double role of getting the best eleven available out there while also likely ensuring he won't be in contention after the suspensions are done with. Both are good things.

If he's left out now when he actually should be picked only to end up recalled later even when the banned trio are back because so many others tarnish their reputation on this tour, it'll basically be a disaster.

social

Not what I would pick but will not be surprised if

Renshaw
Uzi
SMarsh
Head
Finch
MMarsh
Paine
Agar
Starc
Siddle
Lyon

We’ll be absolutely ****ed as opposed to probably ****ed if that happens

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If I had have been asked last week I would have said Siddle was no chance, but now it seems he is well in contention. Don't think bowling well on typical county turnip fields is much of of an indication of how he would perform on dead UAE decks

Starfighter

Siddle averaged 109 on his last UAE tour and he's certainly not any better, or faster, now than he was then.