• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

brockley

International Captain
Qàdir never has played for Pakistan so definitely a migrañt.Did play for Pakistan A some time back.NSW won.t get a game there wiĺl have to.move interstate.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Qàdir never has played for Pakistan so definitely a migrañt.Did play for Pakistan A some time back.NSW won.t get a game there wiĺl have to.move interstate.
why not tho? Lyon will be with Aus, SOK will probably retire soon (or go to rehab), Somerville moved to NZ and Nair is a chucker. Seems he'd have as good a chance in NSW as anywhere else.

SeamUp

International Coach
He will bring the bunt down the ground back in fashion in test cricket.

Pakistan finger spinners delight.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doggett's figures are mind-bendingly bad. 15 overs for 101 runs and 1 wicket. In comparison Tremain has 3/34 in 16.

TheJediBrah

Renshaw
Khawaja
Maxwell
SMarsh
Finch
MMarsh
Paine
Agar
Starc
Lyon
Holland

another quick will probably play instead of a spinner but unless Cummins, Haze or Patto are back then they won't be any good anyway

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we'd be crazy to go in with three spinners and only one pace bowler, considering how fragile MMarsh is and that the really low-bouncing surfaces aren't Lyon's cup of tea.

TheJediBrah

I think we'd be crazy to go in with three spinners and only one pace bowler, considering how fragile MMarsh is and that the really low-bouncing surfaces aren't Lyon's cup of tea.
Depends on the wickets, but from what I've heard they will be very spin-friendly. And not great for quicks.

Normally I'd think 3 spinners would be stupid (4 if you include Maxwell, and/or 5 if Head plays too) but looking at the quicks in the squad makes me think it's preferable. If we had Haze and Cummo along with Starc I'd be playing all 3 quicks (maybe not Haze) but when your second quick is going to be Sayers or Jhye Richardson . . . I'd prefer the 3 spinners tbh. At least Agar provides a bit of batting depth as well.

I'm not saying that I think they will play 3 spinners, just that it would be my preference

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
My team prediction:

1. Renshaw
2. Khawaja
3. S Marsh
4. Finch
5. Head
6. M Marsh
7. Paine (C) (WK)
8. Starc
9. Tremain