• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia v Pakistan (BRING IT ON!) at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/11 Thursday (N), Semi-final #2

sunilz

International Regular
i genuinely don't understand what point he's trying to make
According to Gambhir, Warner shouldn't have hit the ball. Should have left it alone as it bounced twice .
Warner took advantage of it , so it was against "spirit " of cricket .

Gob

International Coach
Do you believe mankading is against
"spirit "of cricket ?
I don't know I haven't really thought about it. I think it's a pretty dickhead thing to do but probably gets over blown. Also batsman shouldn't get an early advantage with a run by backing up too so maybe fix that so mankading will be fixed by itself

Spark

Global Moderator
According to Gambhir, Warner shouldn't have hit the ball. Should have left it alone as it bounced twice .
yeah i'm still not getting it tbh. it's just a **** ball, it's not as if he ran off the pitch and put people in theoretical danger

sunilz

International Regular
yeah i'm still not getting it tbh. it's just a **** ball, it's not as if he ran off the pitch and put people in theoretical danger
Unnecessary False equivalence.

Infact Gambhir should have accused Warner of taking money and walking when he was clearly not out according to Sniko ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I cant believe people are this dense. There was nothing wrong with hitting the ball that bounced twice. There was nothing wrong with running when the ball deflected off the guy at the other end. That was Gambhir's point.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Presumably Gambhir is of the view the Pakistan batsmen shouldn't have hit the waist high no balls which slipped out of the bowlers' hands for six either.

Jeez, that head knock he copped in the field against England back in the day really did some damage, didn't it.

Victor Ian

International Coach

Ok
I have no idea who Gambhir is, aside from being associated with gambhiring, but he seems like a prize wanker. Is this correct?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It is not

Ftr so are mankading and running off a deflection
You either follow spirit of cricket or you don't. If mankading is against spirit of cricket, then hitting a double bounced ball is also against it. And if you believe otherwise, then both are otherwise. That is the point that Gambhir is making too, which I agree with.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Presumably Gambhir is of the view the Pakistan batsmen shouldn't have hit the waist high no balls which slipped out of the bowlers' hands for six either.
He’s trying to say the opposite lol

hb probably being to aggressive but he literally spelled it out a couple of posts ago