• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Despite his record, I don't think Fawad has an Australian ODI career in him, but as a Test option he is definitely in with a chance at some point. Like you say though the option to work with Warne, be with the Aussie squad, play the final tour game would be great and Agar is definitely in with a chance of playing OD Cricket soon. In fact, I would select him for Australia's next ODI match ahead of Doh! erty so these matches could have been useful for him.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite his record, I don't think Fawad has an Australian ODI career in him, but as a Test option he is definitely in with a chance at some point. Like you say though the option to work with Warne, be with the Aussie squad, play the final tour game would be great and Agar is definitely in with a chance of playing OD Cricket soon. In fact, I would select him for Australia's next ODI match ahead of Doh! erty so these matches could have been useful for him.
Ah, I see what you're getting at now, I agree, Agar definately more likely to be playing ODI cricket, but I think Fawad should play these games anyway just to bowl at some international (sort of) batsmen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Didn't really expect our A team win that, when I stopped taking notice after Maxwell's dismissal.

I'm looking forward to seeing what order MMarsh, Coulter-Nile, Agar and Johnson bat for WA this year.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
well, decent from Smarsh there, this only goes to prove why you don't pick list a players for FC tours but a good chase in the end there

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
8 of the India "A" side played in the last India series and 7 in the last match - interesting definition of an "A" side.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
8 of the India "A" side played in the last India series and 7 in the last match - interesting definition of an "A" side.
More like the side that went to Zimbabwe was an interesting definition of a national team, they also need to expose some young players like Pujara to SA conditions for the upcoming test tour

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Maxwell has gone ****ing nuts, may reach 300, I hate the ****, but good to see him in list A form

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Maybe wrong but Maxwell reminds me of Yusuf Pathan. Once in a while he'll play an amazing knock like this, the rest of the time will be mediocrity and people complaining about him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Haha, what a legend. Wouldn't surprise me if India chased that down with that batting line up though.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree. Actually, The team has been selected keeping in mind the SA test series coming up. You will see that most out of that 7 or 8 are batsmen who are vying for those 2 middle order places in Indian test team..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's your definition of an A side?

Pretty happy with the selection. It's obviously done with the SA series in mind which is great, since that's what A games are all about anyways. Would've snuck Sachin into the unofficial tests as well if not for the fact that it'd be an insult to the little man.