• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Christ, there must be something about that Harmer, probably something to do with the batting line-up we picked too

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Winning runs (a six) hit off Finch bowling his first ball, that guy is such a ****ing flog

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Madd00 with two wickets - putting Maxwell and Finch to shame with both bat and ball.

Marius

International Debutant
good riddance, meanwhile, Maddinson again standing up, Ashes bolter?

Also, This Harmer guy for SA has bowled well for the A team recently, did well against Pakistan a while ago, is Peterson's spot in slight danger with Harmer doing well? Seems like Tahir is out of the equation now
I don't know, I think Tahir could be back.

Peterson has played well in the Tests he has had a go in though.

Harmer is probably next in the pecking order though. I reckon the SA spinner pecking order is:
1. Peterson
2. Tahir
3. Harmer

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Doesn't captain his grade club; neither does Steve Smith actually - and he's never really been one of those guys you associate with leadership.
I think Steve Smith did some captaining of his grade club when he was only 19 or 20 though; or something ridiculous like that. Probably when Jaques was playing much more higher level cricket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
adam zampa captained sutherland - featuring nic maddinson - in the later stages of the season, ftr

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
good riddance, meanwhile, Maddinson again standing up, Ashes bolter?

Also, This Harmer guy for SA has bowled well for the A team recently, did well against Pakistan a while ago, is Peterson's spot in slight danger with Harmer doing well? Seems like Tahir is out of the equation now
Nah the only reason Tahir's not playing in this series is the fact that he's playing T20 cricket for RSA in Sri Lanka. So he's definitely still in their thoughts. Personally would've liked to see the opposite happen - Harmer in Sri Lanka so I could actually watch him bowl and Tahir in this series so he could work on his First Class cricket again - but a lot of that is just selfish as such.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Harmer has a (albeit slightly) higher batting average than a bowling average. How can he not be in the team's thoughts as an all-rounder?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Harmer has a (albeit slightly) higher batting average than a bowling average. How can he not be in the team's thoughts as an all-rounder?
Given the fact that Peterson hasn't really done a whole lot with the bat, I thought this also, he probably needs a really good domestic season to force his way in.

As for Tahir, as PEWS said he is in SA, but he is like the Phil Hughes of SA, bullies the domestic scene but struggles on the international stage, at 33 I don't think he is really worth it

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If there's a group of people that age really shouldn't be a concern for, surely it's spinners?
Tahir should be peaking, but he has shown that he isn't quite up to international standard, I feel he won't get better, but a young spinner has every chance of improving.

Daemon

That's a bit of an overused cliche imo. It's also just an odd time to say that especially since the three best spinners going around atm have all peaked somewhat late in their careers age wise.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a bit of an overused cliche imo. It's also just an odd time to say that especially since the three best spinners going around atm have all peaked somewhat late in their careers age wise.
coincidence that they can all land the ball consistently? I think not

Daemon

coincidence that they can all land the ball consistently? I think not
Hmm, wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you with respect to Tahir probably not being able to learn how to land it properly, but I just don't think it's got anything to do with age.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The Aussie A team actually looks good now after the format switch, classic Invererity inspired squad.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Aussie A team actually looks good now after the format switch, classic Invererity inspired squad.
It wont happen but Agar and Fawad should swap with each other the tours they on. It would be mutually beneficial IMO. We could be chasing a few here.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It wont happen but Agar and Fawad should swap with each other the tours they on. It would be mutually beneficial IMO. We could be chasing a few here.
Fawad has become a bit of a leaker of late, but he still has a good list A record if you meant he shouldn't be playing these games. Yeah, he should be on the Ashes tour, working with all the coaches and Warnie and everything, Agar has some work to do before he plays test cricket again.