• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATVG Draft

aussie tragic

International Captain
Here's an update as getting hard to follow.

Teuton - Andy Roberts, Ben Stokes, Mahela Jayawardene
trundler - Clem Hill, Neil Harvey
ataraxia - Maurice Tate
honestbharani - Shakib Al Hasan, Andrew Flintoff, Shane Watson
Line and Length - Bob Willis, Brian McMillan, Glenn Turner
Flem - Heath Streak, Tamim Iqbal
Fuller Pilch - Victor Trumper, Mushfiqur Rahim, Inzamam-ul-Haq
Coronis - Alan Knott, James Andersen, Rangana Herath
Kingkallis - Gordon Greenidge, John Snow
aussie tragic - Martin Crowe, Mark Boucher, Chaminda Vaas
mr_mister - Frank Worrell*, Harold Larwood

* awaiting allrounder criteria decision from Shri whereby Mr_mister has offered to swap Worrell for Gooch

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Bob Simpson.

Both my picks so far could be overturned based on the all-rounder criteria...

aussie tragic

International Captain
Bob Simpson.

As Trundler said, Bob Simpson is ineligible as he's an opener averaging > 45.

In regards to Maurice Tate, yes he was one of the greatest allrounders of his time, but does anyone seriously consider him an ATG allrounder that needs to be excluded? This is likely why no-one has complained about him as he fits well in an ATVG draft as do other allrounders averaging high 20's with both bat and ball (in my opinion)

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Bob Simpson.

Does Tate qualify with a batting average of 25.5? Interestingly he bowled both medium fast (where he qualifies) and off spin (where he wouldn't). I see him as a medium fast who was a useful bat but not an all-rounder. Simpson is a different story. 70 of his 111 innings were as an opener where he doesn't qualify (batting average exceeds 45). When not opening he averaged 31.7 and could be used as an allrounder.
A lot of anomalies such as this will crop up. Perhaps draftees should nominate their intent (eg state Worrell was selected purely as a batsman).

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
It's that time again. Today I'll taken an opener Glenn Turner (NZ, ave 44.64).

A query for the organiser regarding the rule "You can pick once every 24 hours from the time you picked."

I have been picking at or shortly after this time each day. On Thursday I will be playing golf at this time so I will be picking a little later. Are subsequent picks made 24 hours after my Thursday time or do I revert to my 'regular' time?

aussie tragic

International Captain
With the same amount of wkts as Lillee (355) and a very handy #8 bat (24.32) I'll take Chaminda Vaas (29.58)

Cricinfo: 'Chaminda Vaas is easily the most penetrative and successful new-ball bowler Sri Lanka have had...'

aussie tragic

International Captain
What do we do when the OP draft manager seems to have done a runner and is not providing draft direction? I provide my suggestions to the outstanding issues.

(1) is Worrell an Allrounder therefore disqualified as bat > 40?

- the only purpose of the criteria is to stop ATG's being picked. Who would pick Worrell as an ATG allrounder? I suggest no-one so does that make him an ATG bat, no as he averages <50 which was the agreed cut-off criteria. Suggest leave him in as a batsman that bowls a bit.

(2) is Maurice Tate disqualified as an allrounder because bowling < 30, even his cricinfo player role says allrounder?

- no, same reason as above, any allrounder averaging high 20's in both bowling and batting wouldn't make an ATG side, so perfect for ATVG side. Suggest leave him in as a bowler that bats a bit.

(3) is Bob Simpson disqualified as opener requires < 45 batting average

- yes, clearly against the rules of <45 for an opener.

(4) is selection 24 hours from last post, or 24 hour intervals from first post.

- surely it's 24 hours from last post, which would allow people to move up in the draft order when others don't post on time.

Just my opinion for Shri to agree or disagree if he comes back. Please note that a decision on Worrell should be made immediately imo as Gooch is now not available to other drafters while waiting for a decision on Worrell. Unfair for those wanting him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What do we do when the OP draft manager seems to have done a runner and is not providing draft direction? I provide my suggestions to the outstanding issues.

(1) is Worrell an Allrounder therefore disqualified as bat > 40?

- the only purpose of the criteria is to stop ATG's being picked. Who would pick Worrell as an ATG allrounder? I suggest no-one so does that make him an ATG bat, no as he averages <50 which was the agreed cut-off criteria. Suggest leave him in as a batsman that bowls a bit.

(2) is Maurice Tate disqualified as an allrounder because bowling < 30, even his cricinfo player role says allrounder?

- no, same reason as above, any allrounder averaging high 20's in both bowling and batting wouldn't make an ATG side, so perfect for ATVG side. Suggest leave him in as a bowler that bats a bit.

(3) is Bob Simpson disqualified as opener requires < 45 batting average

- yes, clearly against the rules of <45 for an opener.

(4) is selection 24 hours from last post, or 24 hour intervals from first post.

- surely it's 24 hours from last post, which would allow people to move up in the draft order when others don't post on time.

Just my opinion for Shri to agree or disagree if he comes back. Please note that a decision on Worrell should be made immediately imo as Gooch is now not available to other drafters while waiting for a decision on Worrell. Unfair for those wanting him.
Regarding (4), I think the point of Shri was that there is no draft order as such. You can make your pick 24 hours after you have made your last pick. That is simple enough IMO and something that is new, so worth trying out.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Regarding (4), I think the point of Shri was that there is no draft order as such. You can make your pick 24 hours after you have made your last pick. That is simple enough IMO and something that is new, so worth trying out.
I love the 24 hour rule and probably the only reason I joined this draft, however it only makes sense if it's from last post (snooze you lose). Line and Length asked if timing was from original post only so 24 hours didn't matter after first post.