• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG Draft - Batting Averages

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
athers was gonna be my go-to choice in the unlikely event someone beat me to stewart. its good to see these 2 poms finally get a go in a draft game!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Might be the first time I've seen Atherton drafted I think.

Urgh.

cnerd123

likes this
Dont want a team full of bowlers tho; and thats what you will get given >20 is likely to be all bowlers.

Atherton a good batsman for that average range.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Malcolm Marshall 18.85

<5.00
5.01-10.00
10.01-15.00
Malcolm Marshall
20.01-25.00
25.01-30.00
30.01-35.00
Victor Trumper
40.01-45.00
45.01-50.00
>50.01

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The good thing about this draft is how unpredictable it has been so far. I don't know the rationale of some of the selections ahead of Marshall.

OverratedSanity

The good thing about this draft is how unpredictable it has been so far. I don't know the rationale of some of the selections ahead of Marshall.
Probably because there are loads of great bowlers almost as good as him in his average bracket.

Edit: Wait there actually aren't :laugh:

Good question.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Cheers, makes me feel better as I'm not sure Victor Trumper, although value in the 35-40 range, was the best utilisation of my first pick.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I checked that and Nufan's right.

For some reason I took 10-20 as one bracket. :p
I didn't check. Just thought it seemed weird seeing arguably the best bowler take as long it took to be picked.

Cheers, makes me feel better as I'm not sure Victor Trumper, although value in the 35-40 range, was the best utilisation of my first pick.
I don't think he is a bad pick at all. I think he has a good case of being the best/more highly praised batsman to average under 40 in Test history.

I'm looking forward to seeing who everyone slots in at number 6 and 7 in their batting order - perhaps even number 5 in the order..

Zinzan

^ Oh yeah, Trumper is good value, but in hindsight the likes of Imran or Miller would have been better value picks in the 35-40 range.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'm looking forward to seeing who everyone slots in at number 6 and 7 in their batting order - perhaps even number 5 in the order..
I took number 6 first (Sobers) to have the flexibility to go either up or down the order.

OverratedSanity

Yeah with all the other averages being so low, I don't see the point of Sobers down the order. If you want to pick him on tthe strength of his batting, that's fair enough but batting him low doesn't make sense. And his bowling isn't as valuable here as in other drafts.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Yeah with all the other averages being so low, I don't see the point of Sobers down the order. If you want to pick him on tthe strength of his batting, that's fair enough but batting him low doesn't make sense. And his bowling isn't as valuable here as in other drafts.
I've always thought how fun it would be to not let Sobers bowl and just focus on batting. But I would hate to be the Captain who told him he's not bowling. He seemed to take such pride in bowling

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the interesting thing here is that world class bowlers are found in 7 categories where world class batsman are found in like... 4 max