• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asif, Aktar in Doping Charges

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Be interesting to see the guidelines and limits of the PCB’s test (if they do come to light). Are they the same as the Olympic Committee, 2ng per ml of urine maximum, or is it lower/higher?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Shane Warne has issued the following statement:
"I'd like to apologise to Messrs Akhtar and Asif. Last time we played I called them "damned liars" after they had attempted to sledge me making statements alleging they had become intimately acquainted with my mother. I see in this morning's paper that they were, in fact, telling the truth, and so unreservedly apologise"

Matt79

Global Moderator
But seriously shocking news for world, and in particular Pakistani cricket. I really feel for the Pakistani fans who surely do not deserve this. Here's hoping there's been some kind of stuff-up because otherwise Pakistan will surely be without their best attack not only for the CT but also the World Cup. Also, if its confirmed that three players (I read that the results of Rana's test are not clearly clean and are still being evaluated) it raises some ugly questions about what exactly is going on in the Pakistani team - a scandal nobody wants to occur. As stated, here's hoping that these initial results are able to be cleared up. :(

Xuhaib

International Coach
Man this is ********:( . If they have taken it then both of them should be banned for atleast 2 years.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Worst day in my life as a Pak cricket fan, Its sad to see 2 of your heroes being found guilty.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Xuhaib said:
Worst day in my life as a Pak cricket fan, Its sad to see 2 of your heroes being found guilty.
Not guilty until result of B sample comes in and appeal process has been exhausted.

social

Xuhaib said:
I know man but things dont look good atm.
Spoke to a friend of mine who happens to be an ex-Pakistani test cricketer and he was not surprised at all. He had heard rumours of "treatments" months ago.

Hopefully, they'll just remain rumours

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How often do B samples turn out negative? It doesn't look good.

I wonder if we'll see the same 'national honour' lines of argument being trotted out any time soon?

The greatest fast bowler ever,Mohammad Sami has been called to replace Shoaib Akhtar & with him,Shahid Nazir will share the new ball.

Have Jamshed Ahmed,Anwar Ali,Yasir Arafat,Mohammad Irshad & Riaz Afridi migrated to some other planet or are they still found in Pakistan?Really,no country wastes talent like Pakistan does.They like to be involved more in controversies then polishing the enormous talent in the country.

The most shocking thing is that idiots like scaly_piscine have got yet another chance of labelling Pakistan as "cheats".Absolutely ridiculous.

social

Neil Pickup said:

I wonder if we'll see the same 'national honour' lines of argument being trotted out any time soon?
Nandrolone is tricky - there's an article on cricinfo at present

Scaly piscine

Neil Pickup said:

Indeed.

I don't see how this event is particularly surprising either given this part in the article: "The tests were put in place at the behest of Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach and are thought to be the first ever held in Pakistan cricket" it was always a distinct possibility that it would catch someone given Pakistan's recent history of cheating. Well done Bob anyway for bringing in the tests.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Indeed.

I don't see how this event is particularly surprising either given this part in the article: "The tests were put in place at the behest of Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach and are thought to be the first ever held in Pakistan cricket" it was always a distinct possibility that it would catch someone given Pakistan's recent history of cheating. Well done Bob anyway for bringing in the tests.
Pakistan was cleared of the ball tampering charges how can you say Pakistan has a recent history of cheating.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Indeed.

So predictable.

Anyway, I hope the tests turn out to be incorrect....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm so shattered. Really, can't imagine what Pakistani fans are feeling now. These were my two favourite bowlers to watch.