• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin's streak and position

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I obviously do not think that Ashwin is suddenly going to be a matchwinner away from the SC and Windies tracks (and Zim is for all intents and purposes an A team tour these days).. But, if our fast bowling actually does improve in places like NZ, Aus, SA and Eng, there is a chance that he can get his average and SR to much more average levels in these countries. Remember a big part of his record can in fact be bettered if he gets to bowl at 3/80 or 5/120 etc..
TFW :D

Slifer

International Captain
So, Ashwin has played 47 games at home of which team has only lost 4. In comparison, Warne played 69 games at home of which team lost 7. And Murali played 73 games of which team lost 14. Their respective loss % is:

Ashwin = 8.5%

Warne = 10%

Murali = 19%

I mean this is ridiculous number.
Curious to know what the away numbers look like...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd say his position is usually mid on or mid off, but I've seen him occasionally at mid wicket too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol I was genuinely going to type that cos I thought I'd seen him lurking in that spot, but thought "Nah, there's no way they'd put a bloke with his lateral movement in that position."
Remember the run out in Sydney. Leverock would've made it to the other end quicker.

subshakerz

International Coach
Can't be too harsh on Ashwin as the conditions werent that favorable for spin. But I did expect him to have more impact against this fledgling batting lineup