• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes betting

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thought we needed a thread for those putting money (or non-avatar bets) on the line this coming series and a discussion of good opportunities that arise to place bets.

A few of you might have noticed that I have a bit of betting vendetta against North and will wear a dress at the boxing day test if he's selected. Anyway, I've suckered another mate into some bets against North

- $50 at 1:1 for North scoring a century
- $50 at 1:5 for North scoring two centuries.

Easy $100 thanks.

My only concern is that North might cash in at Adelaide. Otherwise I'm extremely confident

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Despite being complete poo the rest of the time he actually scores a century every five tests comfortably so it looks like a poor bet to me. Unless he's likely to be dropped, and I don't think that's the case.

He's oddly quite good at scoring centuries for someone who's not much good at batting.

vcs

Once he crosses 20, he looks class against all types of bowling. Scored tough runs in SA when he made his debut. Admittedly, a mostly miss, occasional hit player, but I don't think ability is the issue.

Burgey

No offense Hing, but it will be hilarious if North comes out and cracks three tons in the first three tests..

I mean, it won't happen, but imagine the reaction of the Poms on here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Despite being complete poo the rest of the time he actually scores a century every five tests comfortably so it looks like a poor bet to me. Unless he's likely to be dropped, and I don't think that's the case.

He's oddly quite good at scoring centuries for someone who's not much good at batting.
Yeah this, the bet isn't magnificent.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

I think his only chance to score a century will be at adelaide. If he fails there my bet is a shoe in. As for two of them :laugh:

Besides, I don't think he'll last the ashes.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
No offense Hing, but it will be hilarious if North comes out and cracks three tons in the first three tests..

I mean, it won't happen, but imagine the reaction of the Poms on here.
If somehow North summons up all his powers from the heavens above, scores bucket loads of runs and wins us the ashes - Admittedly, I'll look foolish, but I'd rather win the Ashes

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
:laugh: Don't think he is. I do work out at a school next to Stanmore though so maybe I've done something
No, I'm not. I just want Marcus to prove the doubters wrong. ;)

(And if you're referring to Newington, this world just got way too small)

Teja.

Global Moderator
Have a bet for 500 INR with a friend that Mitchell Johnson will take more wickets than Graeme Swann. Easy money for me, IMO

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
I've got a $20 with a Pommy mate of mine Australia VS England in terms of retaiing/winning the Ashes.

And he has given me a 1 Test headstart!!!!

eg: 2-2 result and I win the bet.

Quite happy with the start.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just bet $50 Hussey won't last the series. Fairly good chance here. Reckon he'll be gone after the third test