• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: @ Adam's 2,700 BTR bowler.
He's fantastic. I've been using him in FC testing and he's done quite well for himself really, considering he's not only crap but also in mediocre bowling form.

Johnson 4-1-18-5

Anyway, chasing 140-9. I've got Cuss and Osman at 5 and 6 in case things turn pear-shaped, but as long as the top order don't stonewall we should win it. Quite impressed with the 17yo competent I bought today for 3k: 4-0-16-1, on fresh fitness too.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's fantastic. I've been using him in FC testing and he's done quite well for himself really, considering he's not only crap but also in mediocre bowling form.

Johnson 4-1-18-5

Anyway, chasing 140-9. I've got Cuss and Osman at 5 and 6 in case things turn pear-shaped, but as long as the top order don't stonewall we should win it. Quite impressed with the 17yo competent I bought today for 3k: 4-0-16-1, on fresh fitness too.
You may as well have just had Cuss and Osman opening, the base PFL hit for simply playing is rather large. 6 an over off the first 3.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, noticed that as well Scaly, quite ridiculous that just for playing you take a massive fitness hit. Has made things interesting though. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hitting regular hurdles on my TIE match against a poor side. Should win comfortably, but it ain't pretty.

andyc

8 wicket win for me.

Magical Ponies thommos XI
Top Order: mediocre mediocre
Middle Order: superb woeful
Lower Order: woeful worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient competent
Spin Bowling: strong feeble
Fielding: woeful abysmal
MOTM: Burger

Canning gets 4/15 and 8* and Burger's 25 gives him MOTM.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Point Cook - 119/3 off 20 overs
Hyde 45 (48)
Bolder 43 (45)

lost to

Brackenhurst - 120/2 off 12.2 overs
Steyn 58* (33)
Burnip 33* (27)

Cool cool. Steyn not a fitness worry so I'm glad he got some time in the middle. Hamlin, Browne and Hindle not having to do a thing.

A friendly and training session before Monday's absolutely mammoth game then. Rest up boys.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 19: 185-4, runrate=9.74, reqrunrate=36.00 (220-1)
Lay 4-0-41-2
Tyler* 72 (40 balls)
Hildred 82 (46 balls)

Last Wicket: Longthorn b. Mcleod 8 (FOW: 35/4)

i need 36 of the last over and the first 2 balls only went for 7

good fight back considering i was 4 - 35...but that means i have won 2 lost 3 so i am gonskis.......

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, noticed that as well Scaly, quite ridiculous that just for playing you take a massive fitness hit. Has made things interesting though. :)
Absolutely ridiculous. Hamlin and Browne do nothing but field, badly, and go down from invigorated to lively.

What the puss?!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Chased down 196 with 3 overs to spare. 119* off 54 for Schutte.

Still in 2nd place in my league, but got the third division team up next.

edit: Woah. I just realised that the div 4 team who beat me yesterday had already lost to one of the easy div 5 teams. Must have been a TIE gone wrong or something. So basically, if I win my last game against a weak team I should finish second, even though I'll lose on monday.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Battrick not loading at the moment, looks like a load of people are going to get cheap buys assuming nobody can get on.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I'm not having any problems logging in? Indeed, I've just had the joy of watching my no.5 and 6 play forward defensive after forward defensive for about 5 overs in a row, meaning I've only just brought up the 100 in the 18th over. That'll be another defeat then...

Off to see if I can pick up some cheap buys on the TM.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
In a tad of trouble ATM. Oppos got 179/1 off their twenty, currently 20/0 after two. Rather under-estimated the strength of his batting. Hopefully Greening can see me right, but it's a Cracked pitch, and my tail starts at No.6!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Transfer market is pretty depressing at the moment. Hopefully there will be a few bargains in a couple of weeks once age/wage updates have occurred.

PY

International Coach
India's 20/20 is a joke. Croft is averaging 1.94 with the ball after taken 17 wickets. My opposition have scored less than 73 on each occasion including a 16 all out in the last game. Pity I haven't been around to rotate my order around as it means I'll almost certainly go out as soon as I face a half-decent side!

Plus my morale isn't improving while my PFL is dropping like a stone thus my ratings are suffering.

PY

International Coach
Mainly because I'm an idiot.

That and the fact that it was the only one without a waiting list when I signed on. Worked pretty well with uni, I'd get up and watch the second innings but the kwality is terrible!

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Home and hosed here, with a ten wicket win. Chased down 179 without losing a wicket, in the 17th over. Greening 77* (54), Akhtar, 102* (69). He's the first ever Gur to make a BT20 century. Unfortunately 3rd won, so I need to make sureof winning one of the last two games in order to qualify. But I am resting everyone who's training for Monday's game, against a Feeb all round team. Anticipating that myTie Ratings will be Resp/Med/Abs - Comp/comp/Woe - Should be more than enough, and if they win they deserve it. Isn't it near enough a CW clean sweep, save for Spitfire and Buggsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.