• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
1st loss of Bt20 Today and with a far greater team to come it looks like the end of my competition.

BEST Indies 93/10 (14.0)

MY XI 94/1 (12.5)

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How good is this player and what nets should he be on??

12. XXXXXXXXXX - 18 yo, BT Rating=31,650
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, fair
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: superb Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

Got him on a stamina, batting, bowling and fielding net at the moment... not too sure what he should be on when he turns 19 though??

andyc

He's could be a very good player, and you should be looking at giving him another bowling net to go with what he's already on, and keep him on that till he's 20 or so. If you can spare it, a second batting net wouldn't be a bad idea, but the bowling net should be a priority. Given that his fitness is already low, if you did give him an extra net or two, he wouldn't really be able to do much for you if he played, but the fitness hit wouldn't be that much biger than what he already gets on four nets.

Majin

International Debutant
I dunno what the hell happened, but when I logged in to check my progress earlier I was chasing a score of 215 and was doing alright at something like 80-2, and then when I just logged in to check the result now I've apparently been bowled out for 71. Ghetto :ph34r:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
16. Andy Davies - 19 yo, BT Rating=4,747
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, woeful bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

I put this guy up on the TM for 50k - bidding ends tonight, and I got a bid for 50k yesterday evening. I wake up this morning to find that someone has bidded 140k? Not that I'm complaining but it seems a bit odd...

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
16. Andy Davies - 19 yo, BT Rating=4,747
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, woeful bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

I put this guy up on the TM for 50k - bidding ends tonight, and I got a bid for 50k yesterday evening. I wake up this morning to find that someone has bidded 140k? Not that I'm complaining but it seems a bit odd...
The transfer market is gone crazy!
With everyone expecting 1st class to be in next season player like that are going for far more then they were lets say 5 weeks ago.
I bought 2 respectable player for under £100,000 you would not even come close to a player like that now for under £200,000.
Im not really complaining either it's simple business if the demand for something goes up and there is not enough for everyone the price will have to go up also.

HeathDavisSpeed

He's could be a very good player, and you should be looking at giving him another bowling net to go with what he's already on, and keep him on that till he's 20 or so. If you can spare it, a second batting net wouldn't be a bad idea, but the bowling net should be a priority. Given that his fitness is already low, if you did give him an extra net or two, he wouldn't really be able to do much for you if he played, but the fitness hit wouldn't be that much biger than what he already gets on four nets.
Thanks for the advice. I've got a couple of other 17 year old trainees on about 10,000 BTP. One is respectable/proficient with the bat and the others respectable/feeble with the bat, though strong wicketkeeper.

I've only got the player I showed on the nets I had because, as you've said, he's virtually unplayable with his current stamina and he's one of my better players.

The other problem I have at the moment is that I have a quality/competent bat who's 20 years old but in 'abysmal' form and can't buy a run. I can't seem to improve his form - it just keeps going down (he scored 1 century in the season just gone and his form went down!!)

And I XXXXXXXXXX'd out the name just in case Richard could use the name to find out information about me from my battrick profile :ph34r:

nibbs

International Captain
Just some quick reflections on Whenuapai's season.

In the league we lost 5 of our first 8 games. Things were in turmoil as far as I was concerned. The mental damage this was causing was somewhat offset by our second best cup run as we managed to reach round 8. We should have made the quarters but we got done by one of those stupid collapses. Oh well. With the odds of my sides worst ever league record looking likely the side thought back really well in the latter stages of the season winning 5 of our last 6, including the last 4. We beat the eventual winners of II.4 during this run, the one defeat ironically the bottom sides only win of the season. In the end this meant that we matched our worst league season of 8 wins and 6 defeats. But for the first time ever we finished in the bottom half the table.

I feel next season promises a lot on the one day front. The youths that came in half way into season 6 are now starting to hit form, and the side won't be so relient on Jason Duggan's magic and the increasingly unreliable Tel Lee.

Code:
  Batting               Bowling
1  Duggan   Exquisite/Exquisite   
2  Fry      Proficient/Competent
3  Janes    Quality/Superb
4  Morrison Wonderful/Wonderful   Superb WK
5  Hamshaw  Quality/Proficient    Proficient/Proficient LFM
6  Lennon   Superb/Proficient
7  Willetts Respectable/Woeful
8  Vermaak  Respectable/competent Exceptional/Strong RS
9  Sweeney  Woeful/Respectable    Remarkable/Superb RF
10 Lee      Abysmal/Competent     Sensational/Quality LS
11 Graham   Worthless/Proficient  Wonderful/Superb LM
As for future development, I will probably stick with the same trainees for the upcoming season, before purchasing, or preferably pulling, a superstar NZ 17yo allrounder to replace the gradually ageing Hamshaw with. I am training Duggan as far as Masterful, but beyond that I'm not really sure. I also intend to train Vermaak for a couple more seasons as well.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Just pulled this guy with 0 ITS

Adrian Sheppard (1445454)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: The Heath CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,108
Wages: £973 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Just wondering what I should do with him? His wages suggest he's more than halfway to proficient, but obviously the fact that he has worthless consistency and is about to age is against him. Should I train him or stick him on the TM and hope for a bid?

Bobisback

International Regular
Just pulled this guy with 0 ITS

Adrian Sheppard (1445454)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: The Heath CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,108
Wages: £973 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Just wondering what I should do with him? His wages suggest he's more than halfway to proficient, but obviously the fact that he has worthless consistency and is about to age is against him. Should I train him or stick him on the TM and hope for a bid?
Just stick him on the market for 0, he is useless. Would have been an awesome pull first week with ITS in bowling though.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Just stick him on the market for 0, he is useless. Would have been an awesome pull first week with ITS in bowling though.
Yeah, it's the first time I've ever had anything better than a woeful primary from the YA so far (I haven't got my academy sorted yet, so haven't stored up any ITS) - shame it couldn't have happened a few weeks later.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I was just looking through my BT squad, and I was wondering, how many original squad members or YPs from your own club, do people still have in their first team?

I'm guessing when you reach Adam's stature, having a YP of your own play for you is a pretty impossible task?

andyc

I've got no one from my starting squad, and only three players (Griffin, Canning, Tedstone) are YPs.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 42: 247-5, runrate=5.88, reqrunrate=4.75 (284-4)
Convery 6-0-17-0
Dodd* 39 (49 balls)
Remaketse 106 (96 balls)

Last Wicket: Brooks lbw b. Farmer 0 (FOW: 158/5)

about to get done!

Status
Not open for further replies.