• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My do-or-die match is underway, should be quality. Both playing at full strength barring one fatigued bowler each. My pacemen are very scratchy, hoping they don't fall apart.

EDIT: We're bowling first on a flat-deck. Here we go! :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am 1 from 3 which is no good. funny enough the game i won i bowled first.....

is anyone playing friendlies this weekend with all the 20/20 games.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah I am, mainly for cash, but also 'cause I love playing CW teams. :) Playing a fairly crap side mind you.

EDIT: As in, my team is not full strength. Haha.

EDIT EDIT: S-T-RUGGLING.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahh... love my bowlers! Outstanding restricting effort. Singh, who despite having my third best ratings continues to not find his place, took 2/1 in the final over. Would be frothing if I was the opposition.

Chasing 158. C'mon!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I've got my big game in the 20/20 league today, against a Div 4 side. I doubt I'll have any chance against the Div 3 team, so a win today is my best chance at getting 2nd spot. Currently there with a win in every game, but I'm sure these guys will beat all the other div 5 teams too.

Chasing 166 to win, in with a shot.

End of Over 3: 29-1, runrate=9.67, reqrunrate=8.06 (165-1)
Britton 2-0-26-0
Slaytor* 18 (9 balls)
Mabaso 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Schutte b. Sykes 10 (FOW: 14/1)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cheers mate. Will be watching. Hope you can get up. :)

EDIT: Slaytor'll win it for you off his own bat. :D

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like Tšeliso and Sykes are their only good bowlers. If I can get through the rest of the overs from those two without losing many more wickets, it's still possible. The guy coming in at 7 is fatigued though, so I don't like my chances.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
12.2 	W	Farley to Hocking
 	 	Oh dear. Hocking only half commits to that delivery and a feeble piece of strokeplay gives the keeper an easy edge. A bread and butter catch for Lovell that one.
First ball i saw when i logged in, good timing.

Gonna need a huge effort to get up here.

Code:
End of Over 13: 132-2, runrate=10.15, reqrunrate=14.43 (232-2)
Farley	3-0-32-1
Hiller*	59 (34 balls)
Beaumont	4 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Hocking c. Lovell b. Farley 64 (FOW: 128/2)
Seems tough with Hocking in the sheds.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm almost home. Abbey is playing one of his greatest ever innings for me. So good to watch, really, really excited at the mo. Have Chase The Sun playing as well, so going nuts! :D

Carn Slaytor!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AND WE'VE DONE IT!! Worth staying up 'til 3am for sure!

Abbey, so under-rated in my team, finishes things with a 6. Such a gun performance by my entire team, love 'em. Will edit this later with scorecard and ratings.

So gun. :D

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
End of Over 16: 165-2, runrate=10.31, reqrunrate=17.00 (232-2)
Mcshane	3-0-32-0
Hiller*	82 (45 balls)
Beaumont	12 (12 balls)
Last Wicket: Hocking c. Lovell b. Farley 64 (FOW: 128/2)
Ill have money on Hiller getting out in the 90's

17 an over is way to much, even for Hiller here. Really needed Hocking in at this point :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a somewhat difficult match against a div II side, had them 10/5 but they recovered to 148/7. Chased it in 16.2 overs for the loss of one wicket. Strange that my bowling ratings are going down despite fitness being sublime rather than moderate.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Going to go close. Falling behind the required rate though, needed 39 off the last 4 overs, and the 17th only went for 6.

33 off 18 now, with 6 in hand. Going to need one massive over.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
43 needed off the last 12, no way.

Hiller made my first T20 century, so thats an up.
Its only my first because ive never had to chase something like this.

EDIT:

18.6 W Elphick to Allison
Oooooh, what a catch by Farley! It's not usual for Elphick to get a wicket like that, and Allison is angry with himself.
18.5 W Elphick to Gravey
That's missing off and missing leg and hitting middle half way up!
18.4 W Elphick to Hiller
Fantastic stuff! Hiller thought that was flying all the way to the boundary - but somehow Modise's outstretched hand plucked it out of thin air. One for the scrapbook I think!
18.3 . Elphick to Hiller
Angled in, forward defensive stroke, cover doing the fielding.
18.2 1 Elphick to Beaumont
Gave himself some room, bit mistimed, long on fielding.
18.1 . Elphick to Beaumont
Thank heavens for protective equipment. Elphick surprised Beaumont with that delivery. Uncomfortable position to be struck to say the least. No run.

Good over imo.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Trigg's Army - 157/5 off 20 overs
Flitney 84* (54)
Martin 41 (25)
Singh 3/29 (4)

lost to

Brackenhurst - 161/2 off 16.2 overs
Abbey 73* (44)
Hamlin 39* (25)

Opposition had similiar ratings but much, much higher BT ratings. So stoked. Superb bowling performance, took a gamble playing Ballard instead of Lake and it payed off. Abbey was immense, easily one of the top ten performances by a batsmen for my side ever.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Shocking. Thought I was gone when the last over started, and almost won it. Pietersen had 2 balls to make 3 and stuffed it up.

Code:
End of Over 19: 149-4, runrate=7.84, reqrunrate=17.00 (165-1)
Britton	4-0-40-0
Bell*	29 (25 balls)
Slaytor	85 (55 balls)

Last Wicket: Graves c. Britton b. Davenport 15 (FOW: 77/4)
19.1 	nb6	Sykes to Bell
 	 	no ball, Big six clubbed into the crowd, no technique just brute strength there.
19.1 	1	Sykes to Bell
 	 	Short of a good length and outside the off stump, punched through cover point for a single.
19.2 	2	Sykes to Slaytor
 	 	Opened the face of the bat, guided to third man, good running between the wickets.
19.3 	W	Sykes to Slaytor
 	 	Sykes shouts like a kid on Christmas morning, and the umpire's given him out LBW!
19.4 	4	Sykes to Pietersen
 	 	Did Britton touch the rope? The third umpire says four runs.
19.5 	.	Sykes to Pietersen
 	 	Angled in, on the front foot, defends to the off.
19.6 	W	Sykes to Pietersen
 	 	Big appeal by Sykes but there was an inside edge onto the pad. What? No - the umpire has given him out! Surely not? Pietersen is looking at his bat and doesn't want to go and you cannot blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.