• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well things may change if I find the NRR slipping a great deal.

In terms of getting a high one, would you say its better to bowl first or bat first?

I want the batsmen to get runs, but if I bowl first the evidence of last week is that the game is over in an hour or so and the NRR is really big in my favour!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Generally I'd bowl first to boost NRR, especially if you're playing against bots. If you bowl them out for anything less than 100 you should get the runs within the first 15 overs, so you don't have to put up with the relatively slower middle overs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think there's any bots in my league at the moment to be honest, but there appear to be some new teams.

I'm confident of not losing a game, just need to ensure I keep the NRR up.

opted to bat if I win the toss today to give them a hit.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Heh, looking at your opponents bowling ratings (worthless/worthless) I'm sure it won't do your NRR much harm anyway.

PY

International Coach
TIE'd again this week and won a lot more comfortably than I expected which makes the results against Rob all the more baffling. :p

cleanbowled 223/10 (46.1 overs)
Chanderpaul 6/38 including above....:wacko:
Malik 2/30
Liyanage 1/34

Boggles 225/1 (32.2 overs)
Chanderpaul 130* (100)
Abdul kadir 62 (57)
Ahmed 23* (39)

Boggles
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Good for the NRR I hope. :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Yeah, only problem is that everyone's thinking the same thing so they won't be cheap by the time their deadline rolls round. Still looking for a bowler, found one guy who would be perfect for my team but his price is already getting up towards my spending limit. Noticed this namesake as well:
Code:
1. Dan Vettori  £ 620,000 (opening price)
Plays for: comedy club 	Stamina:	woeful 	W/Keeping:	feeble
Age: 27 years old 	Batting:	mediocre Concentration:	feeble
BT Rating: 10,813 	Bowling:	superb 	Consistency:	woeful
Deadline: 10/03/2006 10:30 Fielding:    woeful
Pretty accurate, even the age is correct. Only problem is that he's a LF instead of LH Spin bowler.
Yes i saw that guy. There was also a superb go going for 100k two days ago. Now up to 1million. Theres a strong/superb guy i have my eye on who is still reasonably cheap.

PY

International Coach
You fancy sorting out your CW Cup fixture mate?

EDIT: Just looked it up and it's been confirmed. Could you let me know when that happens so I don't keep pestering? :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Yes i saw that guy. There was also a superb go going for 100k two days ago. Now up to 1million. Theres a strong/superb guy i have my eye on who is still reasonably cheap.
Had my eye on that 19yo superb who's up to 1 mil now, might still bid if he doesn't go up anymore (unlikely). I asked his manager (who is quitting, so doesn't really have an interest in how much he sells for) about his training, apparently he's been receiving 2 batting nets all season and last popped 5 or 6 weeks ago so should be very close to quality.

There's a superb batsman/competent bowler by the name of Brad Hera on the market for 790k at the moment, not that I've got a vested interest in seeing him sold or anything...:whistling:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
AA For President are 127/0 off 15 overs. :laugh:

That's going to be a right flogging.
Knackered now though 249-0 from 36, and a really expensive bowler in the past has just bowled 2 overs for 2 runs :(

Still seen the funniest bit of commentary I've yet seen:

7.3 6 Von hoesslin to Groves
Hoo - ha! Throw away your textbooks, purists as Groves went for cow corner with a swing so agricultural it was his mother and his sister at the same time.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
10/03/2006 Alternative XI v phantasm

Alternative XI won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Hard and Fast

End of Over 36: 262-0, runrate=7.28
Oldman 8-0-65-0
Edgehill* 140 (113 balls)
Zonke 112 (107 balls)

Match 2 10/03/2006 Scaly Piscine CC v Jasshire

Jasshire won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 36: 227-0, runrate=6.31
Cumberworth 8-0-40-0
Armstrong* 100 (114 balls)
Packer 113 (107 balls)

Match 3 10/03/2006 AA for President! v ben lara

AA for President! won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Uneven

End of Over 36: 249-0, runrate=6.92
Greer 8-1-36-0
Groves* 104 (93 balls)

hmm...

Scaly piscine

Match 1 10/03/2006 Alternative XI v phantasm

Alternative XI won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Hard and Fast

End of Over 40: 277-1, runrate=6.93
Oldman 10-1-72-1
Giles* 1 (2 balls)
Edgehill 150 (129 balls)

Last Wicket: Zonke c. Duggan b. Oldman 115 (FOW: 276/1)

Match 2 10/03/2006 Scaly Piscine CC v Jasshire

Jasshire won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 40: 255-0, runrate=6.38
Cumberworth 10-0-51-0
Packer* 122 (118 balls)
Armstrong 116 (128 balls)

Match 3 10/03/2006 AA for President! v ben lara

AA for President! won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Uneven

End of Over 40: 267-0, runrate=6.68
Greer 10-1-42-0
Lynch* 138 (139 balls)
Groves 112 (105 balls)

Wow, someone lost a wicket. Watch now as all three teams get a feeble amount off the last 10.

Scaly piscine

I had 81 runs - rubbish really. In real life 104 would be rubbish as well from that situation.

Same MOM problem here... 4-32 (including 8, 9 and 11 batsmen) > 141 off 150 or 131 off 123.

PY

International Coach
I'm not sure SP, 81 and 104 off the last 10 overs isn't bad!

Granted you want more, but in real life if that happened you'd be chuffed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
I'm not sure SP, 81 and 104 off the last 10 overs isn't bad!
Precisely, it seems to me that some people are never satisfied by what is a free game and only ever say bad things about it.

My openers did slow down after rocketing away, but that is perfectly understandable because a) the 15 overs were up and b) neither of them have that good stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.