• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Well that was hardly worth waiting for! Not a single pop, although Bennett has become my seventh player over BTR10,000 - Not that that's saved him from being re-listed for £1.4M

Mind you, however bad things get with the BT server, it can never become as complicated as RL cricket. I found out this week that one of my club's players has been sentenced to six months in a young offenders institution for Actual Bodily Harm - A charge which has always confused me? I mean, "Actual" as opposed to what?..."Hypothetical" Bodily harm? Although having attempted to coach him for the last two seasons, the other thing which confuses me is how he actually managed to connect with one of his blows - Obviously didn't carry out the assault with a cricket bat! But, thanks to the considerate magistrates, at least he'll be out in time for next season.

Fairly run-of-the-mill game tomorrow against King Whamo. They're not hopeless, but I should have enough to beat them on TIE if I play my best team. However, the significance of the day is that if I win, and fifth placed Victoria Drivers lose, (which is likely as they're away to 2nd), then I'll be guaranteed of fourth place and Div IV safety! However, if I lose tomorrow, and/or they somehow win, then I face Victoria Drivers next week, which could make things interesting again. Say they GFI against me and win - In the last three matches they have three gi'mes, whereas I'm likely to lose two, if not all three of my last three matches. Currently my NRR is around 10 better than theirs, but if they were to close the gap to twelve points tomorrow, then beat me next week, then NRR could all be academic! I'll TIE tomorrow, which should get my team fitness up to Invigorated, giving me enough in the tank to GFI next week, should Victoria Drivers win tomorrow - If any of that makes any sense to you!!

Later, Trev

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like I've had my training update, 2 concentration pops - for Packer and Obrien.

Also I now have bids on Parr (2m) and Nile (1.4m), will put my balance over the 5m mark. Just need to hold out for a good all-rounder now (can't believe someone actually bid 4.65m for a strong all-rounder - makes Dillon worth loads in a few weeks).

Calum Sargeant £4,650,000 (fluffy little things)
Plays for: cow corner Stamina: superb W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 22 years old Batting: strong Concentration: remarkable
BT Rating: 50,504 Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient
Deadline: 18/11/2006 16:18 Fielding: strong

Dillon is strong-quality bat and very high proficient-remarkable bowl...

PY

International Coach
Just the one pop, was expecting a couple more though. Must've miscalculated my timetable. :)

Madhukar Moodley - 19 yo, BT Rating=21,227
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: proficient

9 players over 10k BT rating now and four 20k+ (one of whom is a comp-comp all-rounder :p), just need two more players and I'll have a base to build on and slowly replace the dross.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
PY said:
9 players over 10k BT rating now and four 20k+ (one of whom is a comp-comp all-rounder :p), just need two more players and I'll have a base to build on and slowly replace the dross.
Must be a very high Comp-Comp! Either that, or have high secondaries.

My all-rounder's Resp-Strong, and nowhere near 20k. Secondaries not all that bad, either:

Code:
Barry Verma - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,090
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina:        competent       Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting:        respectable     Concentration:  feeble
Bowling:        strong          Consistency:    respectable
Fielding:       abysmal
I've just spent ages copying my trainees' (also my top seven players) details down from my pathetic phone display, so I'll be damned if I don't cut-and-paste them around everywhere. Oh well, at least I've got them in a work-accessible text file now.

PY

International Coach
Brijesh Singh - 21 yo, BT Rating=21,962
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: proficient
Bowling: competent Consistency: superb
Fielding: woeful

He's halfway up to respectable in bowling but thought it wasn't worth it, he'll be more of a team filler in OD and another option in FC, either as a first five bowler or as a 6th option.

Scaly piscine

Stuck yet another guy on the transfer market in case anyone is interested:

13. Santosh Mohamed (491499)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, woeful bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 6,956 (-457)
Wages: £1,246 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
decent week training, even though Challinor's batting didn't pop to quality, it's overdue by my calculations.

5. Zesh Mcewen - 17 yo, BT Rating=11,403
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Future gun imo

18. Charlie Reid - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,507
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Reid to go on the list, what's the best time?

Also an experience pop for Norris

In terms of BTR i have 8 over 10K with 3 over 9K and one 29 less than 9K

Thinking of giving Reid's net to Mcewan as fielding (just has 2 batting atm) good idea?

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
boo, been meaning to expand my ground and last week i thought, i'll wait till next week as it says it will take 8 days and my next home game is on the 24 November. So anyway what with the update delays i forgot about it until today, so i did it today and it still says 8 days, so i thought 8 days, should finish after next thursday, but no, not completed until the 25th, grr

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Mahindinho said:
I thought it depended on how much you were expanding it.
yeah that's what i though, i used the stadium calculator thingamagig and that said 8 days, then when i got the quote that said 8 days as well

Just the one Pop!

1. Kris Coates (792526)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Pup
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 16,050 (+582)
Wages: £1,975 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Looking quite decent now!

Perm

Dave Chirwa - 22 yo, BT Rating=5,305
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime.
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: respectable

Status
Not open for further replies.