• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ended up winning fairly easily. Our bowling is a major concern. Reimann and Siyabonga both hit hundreds again, so pleased with them :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Chanderpaul's a bit of a gun; I vaguely recall bidding on Singh a while ago, I think his batting is only competent or thereabouts.

BTW Scaly, about exquisite wages - I know of a couple of players who've popped recently who only have wages around 35-40k, so I'd expect that the wage formula isn't too far off, at least regarding the minimum. I doubt the primary contribution would be much more than 50k, so I'd expect Summers to be fairly high. He's got a higher wage than Whitehorne anyway, even with Whitehorne's batting and concentration.

Got a pretty easy match today, should get through it with a win as long as my batsmen don't self destruct. Will have to get a new player in before next Friday though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh knew I wouldn't win the toss, got put in so as to maximise the slight degradation of PFL for my two spin-bowling all-rounders.

End of Over 31: 166-3, runrate=5.35
Fenton 9-0-49-0
Dillon* 17 (19 balls)
Armstrong 59 (66 balls)

Last Wicket: Obrien b. Evett 33 (FOW: 130/3)

Packer, Wheat and Obrien all got starts. The interesting part comes when I bowl obviously. Packer always seems to get out to opening spin bowlers.

Scaly piscine

Nicely poised for collapse I think, 212-4 off 39.5 overs, with their best bowlers in the last 10 and my last two decent batsmen in.

Scaly piscine

Yawn there goes the team hattrick.

Code:
44.4 [B]W[/B] Tracey to Warr 
   [COLOR="Red"] [B]Felice is under it, he won't drop this one... Oooops, he juggles it, but he hangs on in the end! Felice lucked out there.[/B] [/COLOR]
44.3 [B]W[/B] Tracey to Appleby 
   [COLOR="red"][B] I've heard of the ball squeezing through the gate before, but Appleby virtually held it open then! A truly woeful shot and the price for that mistake is duly paid. [/B][/COLOR] 
44.2 [B]W[/B] Tracey to Preece 
    [COLOR="red"][B]Dear, oh dear, on dear. That was awful. Preece should never have gone for that run.[/B][/COLOR]  
44.1 1 Tracey to Armstrong 
    Gently worked around to deep backward square for an easy single. 

End of Over 44: 236-4, runrate=5.36 
Evett 10-0-49-1 
Armstrong* 102 (108 balls) 
Preece 17 (22 balls)

Last Wicket: Dillon b. Shaw 25 (FOW: 202/4)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Maybe I should have batted first?

Hirst, having previously bowled 6 overs for 14 runs, concedes 16 in his 7th.

220/4 off 43. I'm in deep, deep trouble here.

My previous largest chase was 383, about 3 seasons ago against a Willetts-inspired Dead Men Walking. I think I needed six off the last ball, only to end up getting a single and losing. I reckon I'm going to be looking at 280 here, against two top-notch bowlers and three rubbish ones.

UPDATE: 231/4 off 44 as Gibb gets in on the act. I'm taking one hell of a beating.

Scaly piscine

Two more wickets in a row and Armstrong smartly takes a single off the first ball of the over.

This is a pile of steaming pooh Allan.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
tim bobbin v Alternative XI

Going nicely now after getting them all-out for 170. Currentl scores are:

End of Over 7: 50-0, runrate=7.14, reqrunrate=2.81 (170-10)
Giles 4-0-30-0
Zonke* 35 (26 balls)
Edgehill 13 (17 balls)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
A wicket with the last ball of the match takes them to 268/10 off the full 50 overs.

So, I've got a stiff total to aim for, on a hard and fast pitch, against two world class bowlers and not a lot else.

Going by past form, the two good'uns will be bowling 12 of the first 14 overs. If I survive them with 7 or 8 wickets intact, I should win. Hopefully!

Scaly piscine

All over rover for SPCC, new bowler playing then SP?
Yep, opposition are 12-2 off 3, both wickets to Pace tho.

Edit oh wait here we go:

3.2 W Summers to Felice
A simply stunning catch by Wheat. Diving low to his right, the ball fizzed through the air and into his grasp.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 12: 51-1, runrate=4.25, reqrunrate=3.26 (174-10)
Tomlinson 1-0-7-0
Reeson* 16 (27 balls)
Turnbull 23 (37 balls)
Last Wicket: Hart c. Freedman b. Graham 8 (FOW: 11/1)

dire

Scaly piscine

End of Over 10: 40-3, runrate=4.00, reqrunrate=5.45 (257-10)
Summers 5-1-17-1
Teggart* 21 (34 balls)
Bushell 10 (12 balls)

Last Wicket: Felice c. Wheat b. Summers 5 (FOW: 12/3)

Summers part 2 starts in ~35 minutes.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
57/1 off 14, with Singh grabbing the wicket of Perry.

RRR just below a run a ball, so I'm happy.

Singh's bowled his 5 and skulked off to the outfield, while Frederick's having a break after 7 overs. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Comfortable win on TIE

And that's the end of the match. Alternative XI won by 9 wickets.
tim bobbin 170-10
Alternative XI 172-1

Scaly piscine

End of Over 17: 68-5, runrate=4.00, reqrunrate=5.76 (257-10)
Dillon 4-0-15-0
Evett* 1 (1 balls)
Teggart 34 (50 balls)

Last Wicket: Donohoe Run Out 2 (FOW: 67/5)

Can hopefully finish them off quickly, save some PFL for later.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Perfect! McGregor goes, and Sandwith comes in to milk the lesser bowlers. I've set him to attacking, just for that purpose.

89/2 off 19 now, RRR 5.81. Should be close!

Status
Not open for further replies.