• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Lost the toss in my match, a tad worringly since the team i'm playing against, have good bowling ratings are feeble./feeble when it comes to batting. The plan was to insert them, and then try and bowl them out quickly. But the best laid plans of mice and men.

Rattling along nicely though.

End of Over 19: 101-1, runrate=5.32
Saville 3-0-16-0
Omardeen* 40 (38 balls)
Abdul kadir 43 (59 balls)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Need a little under 8 an over from the last 18 with 7 wickets in hand. Definitely possible, as the main guy who could have caused a collapse is bowled out. Need some luck to avoid falling to bits at the last minute though.

End of Over 32: 163-3, runrate=5.09, reqrunrate=7.89 (304-10)
Charlton 6-0-32-0
Graves* 11 (22 balls)
Bell 42 (49 balls)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm... this is getting interesting

End of Over 39: 172-5, runrate=4.41, reqrunrate=3.18 (206-10)
Bromby 8-0-30-0
Canning* 76 (84 balls)
Terry 16 (41 balls)
Last Wicket: Tedstone b. Elson 43 (FOW: 122/5)

Praying that I don't get a collapse

Edit: Canning plays out his best bowler Canning's (mine's better :cool:) last over for a maiden. 35 needed now from the last ten with 5 in hand

Edit: ****. Next ball, Terry out

Edit again:

End of Over 43: 192-6, runrate=4.47, reqrunrate=2.14 (206-10)
Bullard 7-0-32-3
Canning* 84 (99 balls)
Thatcher 12 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Terry Run Out 16 (FOW: 172/6)

Should hopefully win it from here. Canning will miss out yet again on a well-deserved century.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yes! Ponies take it, Canning's a freaking god! Saw us home there at the end with a truly Hussey-esque innings, 97 from 105 balls, including taking 10 off three balls at the end when I was getting nervous, all this after taking 3 wickets, including their gun bat.

The Vague Vagrants 206 (42.3)
Tedstone 3/37 (10), Canning 3/43 (10), Fernando 2/34 (6.3)

Magical Ponies 6/207 (44.3)
Canning 97* (105), Tedstone 43 (62), Terry 16 (42)

The Vague Vagrants Magical Ponies
Top Order: proficient competent
Middle Order: competent proficient
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: strong strong
Spin Bowling: useless proficient
Fielding: woeful woeful
MOTM: Canning

First time I've made strong seam, guess it was because of Potgieter being there instead of Norris, even though Potters went for 1/66 from his 10. Tedstone playing a great supporting role to Canning there too, took all 3 of his wickets in the one over. Good to see the lower order batsmen hanging around as well; Terry (my keeper/batsman) backing up his selection, while captain Thatcher (resp/woe) coming in at 8 played what I think is his first useful innings. So stoked.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Chase is shaping up really nicely for me now, with 10 overs left. Got 9 off the 37th, 11 off the 38th and 14 off the 40th. Need 86 off 60 now with plenty in hand and Bell playing a blinder. His stamina might be an issue at this point though.

End of Over 40: 219-3, runrate=5.48, reqrunrate=8.60 (304-10)
Charlton 10-0-66-0
Bell* 73 (77 balls)
Graves 35 (43 balls)
Last Wicket: Camilleri b. Wilding 50 (FOW: 109/3)

edit: and Bell promptly gets out. 81 off 54 now.

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Won my match today without Bertos doing much ( his pfl probably played a part in that).

Victoria Panthers 4/274

Bertos 24 (20)
Malcolm 82 (132)
Darryl 99 (110) heart breaking stuff just 1 a way from his maiden OD ton.
Wight 21 (19)
Mills 19* (16)
Mullis 7* (5)

Scotland_21 80 ao

Hook 2/31 off 10
Hogg 5/19 off 5 (best ever figures)
Ricketts 0/19 off 5
Wilkshire 1/4 off 1
Barry 2/5 off 1

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Need 55 off the last 5 overs now. Not looking too good. Have a feeling I'll lose a handful of wickets in one of these overs coming and fall 20 or 30 short.

edit: and there it is. Ahh well, got pretty close to beating the best team in the league, so I'm fairly happy anyway. Doubt I'll manage promotion this season, but maybe next.

Last edited:

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won my first league game of the season! Looks like iv found the perfect order for my top 4 batsmen now. Pratley seems to be an opener after scoring 2 hundreds out of 3 innings there. Also for the first time iv got over 1.6 mill now and will be getting max interest :)

College Dropouts 10/334 50 overs
T.Kennedy 108 (90)
Pratley 107 (107)
Z.Kennedy 62 (47)
York 5/58 MOTM

Victoria Titans 10/164
Mcallister 63 (72)
Westhead 3/13
Griffith 3/48

College Dropouts Victoria Titans
Top Order: quality strong
Middle Order: competent mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: superb respectable
Spin Bowling: competent proficient
Fielding: woeful woeful

cameeel

International Captain
Kipper XI v Aussie Oi! @ Trentington Oval

Kipper XI: 291

Dove 114 (98)
Brydon 56 (74)
Attwood 54 (58)

Maruma 5-55
Hutton 4-53

Aussie Oi!: 6-284

Garricks 110 (102)
McDonnell 46* (41)

Vernon 4-60
Brydon 2-53

Result: Kipper XI win by 7 runs

MotM: Maruma (5-55)

Don't know about the MoM to be honest. 5 wickets in the losing side, when Dove made 114 for me and Garricks 110 for the other team. Good attendance of 23'000 though.

Just went to check the BT rating of the batsman from Buck's XI who is hammering me atm, and he's up for sale. superb/strong, which makes him comfortably better than any player I've got. He's on 60 off 58 atm, but at least the other guy is getting strangled.
He is one of his best players and here is his explanation I know him from another forum :)

Decided to sell him because I feel I can win my league without him (although I am having second thoughts after today's game) and I plan to spend at least 1 more season in division 5 before promoting.
It also allows me to get max interest and along the way I'm planning to buy a couple of strong batsmen to take his place.
Last reason is that my new 17 year old trainee is a wk/batsmen and takes up alot of nets, and im still training Poke. I figured now is the best time to sell him to get the best return.

Can't be to sad, I bought him for 1k and now I should getabout 3 million for selling him.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Oh no i really stuffed this TIE, i played only six batsmen and got rolled for 223. Now their two strong batsmen are hitting me all over the park. Sisk is have his worst debut possible.

End of Over 10: 70-0, runrate=7.00, reqrunrate=3.85 (223-10)
Sisk 5-0-38-0
Lional* 51 (43 balls)
Brand 17 (18 balls)

If i get these two out they got no one else, but i think im stuffed.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just lost today by 8 runs. Mccammon scored another quick century. Lost mainly due to Padaychie and Allen having such poor fitness. Got my highest batting rating of Remarkable on PAN :)

PY

International Coach
Fairly happy with performance today, rolled them for 192. Sekani finally came good and took 6/30.

Then I lost 3 quick wickets for 42 runs and I was thinking I was in for a pounding but didn't lose another wicket and knocked them off in 38 overs with Abdul kadir getting 89* and Carey got 64*

Ratings:
Code:
		[B]Boggles  	Replacements[/B]
Top Order: 	strong 		competent
Middle Order: 	competent 	respectable
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	proficient 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	respectable 	respectable
Fielding: 	feeble 		feeble
Pretty happy with those. Plenty of pops to come too so should improve as well. :)

PY

International Coach
Oh and got 240k in gate receipts, looking to sustain that for as long as possible as could do with the cash to make more purchases.

Balance isn't looking so great to be fair though. :laugh:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 5: 29-0, runrate=5.80
May 3-0-15-0
Kemp* 12 (16 balls)
Osman 16 (14 balls)

Kemp and Osman the new gun opening pair

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
I was abused... and rightly so.

RoMojo: 10-26 11.5 overs
Brazier 14 (23)
Trench 5-8
Bridges m 3-14

Isoentropic: 0-27 4.0 overs
Hawes 17* (11)

Result: Isoentropic hands RoMojo his arse.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Okay, so I GFI'd against my biggest competitor for second place; I have them 15-5 after 7 overs. D'oh; could've saved the fitness and challenged the front-runner in our league, but I don't have a chance to TIE between now and that match. Still funny, though. :)

And holy crap, I've almost doubled my gate with my new stadium expansion. Things are looking good for the Beards...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I could get destroyed today :(

Playing a team with two Indian NT players (one bowler, one batsman), plus another very good bowler (something like 100k BTR - I can't check right now as I'm, as usual, only getting BT access via my phone). My plan all rested on setting my opening bowlers attacking and trying to get Chanderpaul (the NT bat) out.

Unfortunately, he came in at no. 3, and I'd only managed to get one wicket in the first 10. He's now scoring at over a run a ball against my defensive bowlers.

64/1 off 16.

UPDATE: Wicket! Unfortunately, it's the other guy, so I think I've got their two best batsmen at the crease now. 71/2 off 17.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Worse game ever by the Jets, but we neally pulled off a win from no where

Jaffna Jets 223 All Out Clayton 101(101), Obeyserkara 57(87), Ferrier 36(28)

lost to

Callum XI 7/226(43.2) Jeithoon 2/34 (7), Sisk 2/68 (10), Kinsella 2/33(6.3)

Clayton got his 2nd hundred but all of my other top batsmen failed. Playing a woe/wor batsmen at 7 didn't help. We went from 4/200 to all out for 223. I didn't think a feeble/mediocre bowling attack will get through my top order.

Jeithoon neally won it for us in the end, but didn't have enough runs to play with. They need like 18 when he came on for his last spell and Kinsella got smacked at the other end. Sisk came back well after his first spell, but needs to play a lot better in future.

callumxi Jaffna Jets
Top Order: competent respectable
Middle Order: woeful mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble competent
Spin Bowling: mediocre competent
Fielding: woeful abysmal

As the rating showed i still should have won this match pretty easier even though i played a 2nd string side. Oh well last time i do that, im going to play full strength regardless of how crap the other team is.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Wickets! 82/3 off 19 now.

However, I forgot that the other NTer was an all-rounder. BTR over 150k, wages over 40k. He's in now, so I'm bowling against something like 300k of BTR!

Status
Not open for further replies.