• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Poor Mahindinho. Next time win the toss and bat. ;)

Things going well for me. Opponents 137-8. Were 44-6 tho...(with Tuck having four for eight at one point)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I was just about to book the open-top bus, as it happens.

Oh well, I suppose that's what happens when Woeful batsmen come up against Exquisite (or thereabouts) bowlers.
But surely not all 8 wickets were woeful batsmen? That sure is evil.

Meanwhile, in VI, bot-bashing.

Won my league match comfortably against a bot.

All my batsmen were Awesome who batted in our score of 3/319

Coates 113
Findlay 37
Paris 80
Pollard 39*
Jefferson 36*

USAarus

Hinshelwood 5/44
Mee 2/39
Colley 2/27

Was on TIE.

Playing the Title Favourites next round so huge game where I will be GFI'ing so get ready! Similar ratings to me.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Won today against the same team I'm playing in the cup, they were promoted last season. Umar was great again, with another hundred, and Rahimuddin took five wickets.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Got to fell sorry for the Mahindinho, thats one of the worst collaspe i've seen and you guys were looking quite comfortable. In my match both teams had a collaspe mine 6/23 and they had 7/88. But neither side could string two or three quick wickets together and in a low scoring match thats what usually happens. Even if your a crap batsmen you usually dig in for a couple overs.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Wow, great win today. I was expecting a close game, but not as comfortable as this, nor after only making 214. **** only made one as well.

Zebras 214-7 (50)
A Abdul Kadir 65 (136), R Islam 81 (111), Z Ghandi 30* (22)
Akki Army 182 (45.5)
A Subasinghe 3-18, A Ahmed 3-26, S Hitish 2-41

Akki Army Zebras
Top Order: mediocre respectable
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre mediocre
Spin Bowling: mediocre respectable
Fielding: feeble woeful

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Comfortable TIE win, made 283/6 and bowled them out for 187. Watkins continuing his good form with 78* off 65 (after taking 12 balls to get off the mark), up to 360 runs for once out this season. Ashton and Cuss opened with 81 and 62 respectively, and resp/med Boeta managed to get 35. Wickets were shared around, everyone taking at least one. Same ratings as Sunday's TIE, except fielding went up.

Puts me clear at the top of the table as the only team with three wins, but I've got a tough match next week so will have to be at full strength (i.e. have to spend my money this week). Shouldn't have too much trouble with tomorrow's cup game on TIE.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Mahindinho.... and Allan says theres nothing wrong with the collapses??? pffffffffffffffffffft

nibbs

International Captain
i am absolutely fkn ropable atm. went from being 233/3, needing 22 off 22, 252/9 at the close chasing 255 to win. just to rubb salt in the wond we started the final over 252/6 ffs. dam you bt, dam you to heck.

And that's the end of the match. reverse sweepers won by 2 runs.
reverse sweepers 254-7
Whenuapai CC 252-9

Code:
             reverse sweepers  Whenuapai CC 
Top Order:     proficient 8      remarkable  12
Middle Order:  mediocre   5      respectable 7
Lower Order:   worthless  1      woeful      3
Seam Bowling:  strong     9      strong      9
Spin Bowling:  strong     9      superb      10
Fielding:      woeful     3      feeble      4

Last edited:

andyc

Ouch, very unlucky there Nibbs. Going by the ratings, you should've won that pretty comfortably. These collapses are really getting out of control

nibbs

International Captain
Ouch, very unlucky there Nibbs. Going by the ratings, you should've won that pretty comfortably. These collapses are really getting out of control
maybe, just maybe, like several members of the australian cricket team, my arrogance is out of control. i TIEd that match, feeling that it'd be a piece of cake. now from what should have been 1st place in II.4, and 4 points clear at the top, i'm 4th, and in the midst of what is going to be one dramatic race to the title ffs

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tawonga Tigers vs Walkley heights CC

Walkley heights CC 4-267
Benjamin 2-60, Bennie 1-62

Tawonga Tigers 3-268 (40.3)
Siyabonga 123*, Reimann 111

Tawonga Tigers Walkley heights CC
Top Order: feeble woeful
Middle Order: feeble woeful
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble abysmal
Spin Bowling: feeble worthless
Fielding: woeful abysmal
MOTM: Siyabonga

Edit: I wonder if I should increase my ground capacity soon? At least boost the members seats up to 600? Thoughts? I'm getting bigger crowds everytime I play a league match at home...

Last edited:

andyc

There are specific ratios you're supposed to follow when upgrading your ground to ensure you get the best out of it. But yeah, since you seem to be in a mostly bot league, it might be a good idea to upgrade now, as it'll pay itself off soon since you won't be losing many games.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
There was a link to a site that had the ratio calculator thing? The link in my bookmarks returns an error.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
My YP, 35 ITS. Trash.

Luke Smith (1095833)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Henry's Dream
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,952
Wages: £396 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Johnners

worthless YP, fired.... upgrading my stadium to i think.... currently only 9660 capacity, will upgrade it to around 15000, will get me 112k full according to the Stadium Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.