• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Appropriate Punishment for Smith from CA

What punishment should Smith be handed out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder how far ****ed Steve Smith's head is right now. If as the consensus seems to be, strip him of the captaincy but stick with the ICC 1 game ban........is he mentally going to be able to carry on and pile on the runs like it's business as usual?
Well he has a long time away from test cricket to get his head straight anyway. only time will tell though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder how far ****ed Steve Smith's head is right now. If as the consensus seems to be, strip him of the captaincy but stick with the ICC 1 game ban........is he mentally going to be able to carry on and pile on the runs like it's business as usual?
It wasn't great at the beginning of the series to begin with, dude has been fatigued since the Ashes and his work earlier in the series shows it hasn't ceased. Telling Starc to bowl sh*t down legside at de Villiers at PE was a big additional sign.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Can CA actually strip someone of captaincy permanently? Do they have the powers/is there precedent to specify he shall no longer be eligible for any leadership position in Australian cricket ever again? And if so does that extend to other teams in Australia? Will he also be stripped of NSW captaincy or is that a decision for NSW cricket?

burr

State Vice-Captain
This public shaming culture with no empathy is a pretty awful condition of modern society. Hope he's got a good support network around him.

TheJediBrah

:laugh: Oh do wake up to it all Brah. What about the pocket full of sugar during the Ashes?? Was that to help the medicine go down??

What's it going to take to convince you this isn't a blip, it's not a one off........this is cricket and Australia play it the same way everyone else does.

Again, you don't hear any of us denying it? I'd like to think for the most part we're a little more subtle with it though, but we know our **** stinks..........when are you going to turn around and smell yours?

Edit:

And ftr this is why I'm not advocating for any ban beyond what the ICC has already imposed on Smith.......it's just not that big a deal IMO. I do think he should lose the captaincy forever but that's more to do with the shambles this team has become with him as skip
You're doing it again. Where are you getting any of this from? I didn't say Australia were any better, I'm just responding directly to flibbertyjibber's garbage posting.

You're imagining **** you don't agree with just to have something to be annoyed about. Again.

morgieb

Can CA actually strip someone of captaincy permanently? Do they have the powers/is there precedent to specify he shall no longer be eligible for any leadership position in Australian cricket ever again? And if so does that extend to other teams in Australia? Will he also be stripped of NSW captaincy or is that a decision for NSW cricket?
Well CA decide who the captain is. It's very easy for them to not consider him.

Latter is more of an issue for NSW cricket, but he barely plays for them anyway.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You're doing it again. Where are you getting any of this from? I didn't say Australia were any better, I'm just responding directly to flibbertyjibber's garbage posting.

You're imagining **** you don't agree with just to have something to be annoyed about. Again.
OK I'm not doing this again tonight mate. Read your post and then my response, if you can't work it out then get someone else to help you because I really cbf with this merry go round you keep wanting to get on every time I challenge a post of yours.

ftr I'm not annoyed.....the same as I was not going off my head yesterday when you wanted to play this charade.

SeamUp

International Coach
Remember in UAE when Smith was talking to Azhar Ali and Clarkeh told him "You're not ****ing here to make ****ing friends"

Smith's always been a nice guy.

That should count in his favour.

TheJediBrah

Starting to look like Smith is going be portrayed as the weak victim who was just too scared to say no to big bad Warner

OK I'm not doing this again tonight mate. Read your post and then my response, if you can't work it out then get someone else to help you because I really cbf with this merry go round you keep wanting to get on every time I challenge a post of yours.

ftr I'm not annoyed.....the same as I was not going off my head yesterday when you wanted to play this charade.
We must be speaking different languages because at no stage did I say anything related to what you were responding to. ftr I am annoyed. Just bloody read what you're responding to.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Remember in UAE when Smith was talking to Azhar Ali and Clarkeh told him "You're not ****ing here to make ****ing friends"

Smith's always been a nice guy.

That should count in his favour.
Tbh my favourite "young Smith moment" will always be that WC game in 2011 where he almost ran into Ponting while they were going for a catch. Ponting was fuming, gave him a death stare and hurled the ball away, and Smith looked like a six year old who had been given the mother of all scoldings

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
also im thoroughly looking forward to channel nine commentary desperate attempts to paper over this next summer
Holy crap I didn't even think of that. Gives me a reason to watch channel 9 cricket again with the sound unmuted.