• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Annoying wicket celebrations

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of it is context, I think. Seeing Lee pull out the chainsaw when knocking over a tail ended or after he’s been hit around the park is cringe. If you knock over a gun bat cheaply I get it.

One of the young blokes in Burgeinho’s team got smacked around like a red headed step child in a Greenies trial at Bowral recently then got a wicket off the last ball of the innings before carrying on with a ridiculous celebration and giving the bloke a send off. Was just plain stupid.

Last edited:

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
A lot of it is context, I think. Seeing Lee pull out the chainsaw when knocking over a tail ended or after he’s been hit around the park is cringe. If you knock over a gun bat cheaply I get it.

One of the young blokes in Burgeinho’s team got smacked around like a red headed step child in a Greenies trial at Bowral recently then got a wicket off the last ball of the innings before carrying on with a ridiculous celebration and giving the bloke a send off. Was just plain stupid.
In what context do you put Warney impersonating Curtly Ambrose after bowling him?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember seeing some Pakistan player, I don't remember who, imitating Phil Simmons' celebration after getting him out.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Has Jerome Taylor's WWE imitation come up yet? Less can't see me, more won't watch you IMHO

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

someones been helpful enough to compile an entire video of cringe

though tbf most of these are quite ok and fun in a hit and giggle t20 situation

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, would have enjoyed watching Curtly get a good crack at Warney if that had have happened in a Test match.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Haha, would have enjoyed watching Curtly get a good crack at Warney if that had have happened in a Test match.

Warney was an angry man in those days.....before life dealt him his humbling experiences (not that he really learnt anything from them, tbh).

Australia toured the Caribbean a few months after that incident, ftr. I think that's when Curlty and SRW went tete-à-tête.

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
With the white ball the West Indies team must have the funniest celebrations.