• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andy Flower...considering his future?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Weren't some people joking about using him when Prior was keeping gash at one stage, and he was an assistant coach?

L Trumper

State Regular
Yeah because I can't think of any powerful friends that KP has in the media....

How do you know what has gone on in the dressing room? None of us do, but instead of recognising the obvious fact that Flower and KP and have had a difficult relationship for a number of years, and that this may have come under further strain in the context of an awful series, you decide it is all some kind machiavellian scheme. It is such a childish attitude.
How about recognizing the obvious fact that England had arguably the worst series w.r.to expectations in their 125 year history, what exactly the ecb and the cricket team (incl backroom staff) is doing to address this? No one really wants to talk about these short comings but rather some bull**** scapegoating.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah because we are all blaming KP for this series. I have not seen a single person do that.

Pothas

Big decision for Downton to make this early on in his tenure. I may be in a minority but I think it is a mistake.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I expected it, presume Giles will get the job and hope Gooch goes too.

Been great for us, and have to say Flower is the best coach we have ever had so a bit sad if true but always exciting when you get a new coach/captain to see what they will do and what new players will be picked.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not sure that Gilo is the best person for the job; think someone from outside would be best to be brought in, with Giles helping him out in a transition period.

Jarquis

Fleming and Gillespie being touted. Apparently Flower's staying with the ECB to do some work at Loughborough

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Newell and Moores the best two coaches in the county game imo. Unfortunately both have had bustups with Pietersen and Moores especially has no chance after his first spell as England coach and more suited to developing young cricketers. Probably means they'll hire from outside the English system. Hopefully not some australian tho- not that they're not good coaches. Giles would be odds on if he was still at Warwickshire.

If I didn't support England I'd like Warne to take over as coach. Would be funny to see how disastrous it would be. Especially when him and KP fell out.

All this does is paper over the cracks anyway. Changing coaches isn't going to have any affect on the **** cricket played in county cricket and the substandard players it creates.

Last edited: