• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amla vs. De Villiers

The Better Bat: Amla or De Villiers

• Hashim Amla

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • AB De Villiers

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Devillier has the ability to show ball the right path, there are two ways to do so, 1. form where the ball is coming, 2 where the ball is going to
Amla can just hit the ball harder with the use of timing and strock
Devilliers is younger so he will learn with the passage of time
Devilliers plays in all the situations and conditons while all amla is a powerplay player
Devilliers takes all the pressure on himself, while amla puts the pressure on his partner and starts hitting fours
So Devillieris can be said as better

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Devillier has the ability to show ball the right path, there are two ways to do so, 1. form where the ball is coming, 2 where the ball is going to
Devilliers plays in all the situations and conditons while all amla is a powerplay player
Devilliers takes all the pressure on himself, while amla puts the pressure on his partner and starts hitting fours
My new sig. Best post I've ever read.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you think this is true for both ODIs and Tests or only ODIs?

Shri

Mr. Glass
have you met numberjacks buddy?you would both get along well

salman85

International Debutant
Amla's has undoubtedly been more effective in recent times,though when all is said than done he is a pretty ugly batsman to watch.AB on the other hand,whereas not as good statistically off late,is infinitely more pleasing on the eye.

DDP

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Think it's closer than some people are making. Went for Hash in the end.

Curious if people have AB in their world XI. He would have stiff competition as a number 5 bat. But maybe as a keeper-bat he'd surely make it in there?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't understand how anyone can say Amla is ugly to watch. Agree AB is better but Amla through the offside is awesome.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeh, I really enjoy watching both of them bat. I reckon Amla's a real joy to watch

Himannv

International Coach
Can't understand how anyone can say Amla is ugly to watch.
I think when he started playing his stance was a bit weird as he crouched too much at the crease and his back foot was planted in front of the stumps which made him look almost as strange as Chanderpaul at times. As a result of that stance, his shots looked terrible to watch. In fairness to him, he has improved his stance in recent years to a point where it looks quite decent. He deserves a lot of credit as he seems to be a player who is obviously working on his technique and stance as the years go on. At the moment, I think it's probably the movement of his feet which I don't much care for much. At times I feel his feet move the same way for almost every shot and it results in his bat hanging away from his body a lot more than I'd like to see.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think that is a good analysis of his technique, he does do that. But to me that makes him awesome on the offside because it looks like he's using a Samurai sword and just ****ing bowlers up. Its hilarious. He's basically slicing cover drives.

In 2006 his technique was awful and he got found out at international level, but he went back to first class cricket and churned out more runs whilst simultaneosly changing his game. Great story.