• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time T20 Draft

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just wondering what we are basing selections on - players who you would have thought would've played well in Twenty20 cricket AND those who have played Twenty20 matches? I did not actually read the first post when I signed up so presumed it was based on players who had actually played T20 in some form.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
@ Somerset: Both, I'd imagine those that have actually played 20-20 cricket will be preferred but latter on for example I think I'd prefer a Don Bradman to a Neil Broom.

Anyway Wasim Akram for my first pick - Should gove me four overs of hard to hit pace either at the start or at the end of the innings as well as some handy lower order hitting at 7 or 8.

Somerset is up.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Just wondering what we are basing selections on - players who you would have thought would've played well in Twenty20 cricket AND those who have played Twenty20 matches? I did not actually read the first post when I signed up so presumed it was based on players who had actually played T20 in some form.
Well they are not going to play, so I am going to select the best team that I feel would do well in 20/20:)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah ok thanks for that Michael, though I will try to stick to players who have made an appearance in Twenty20 to make it interesting. ;)

I'll start with Umar Gul.

bagapath

International Captain
Michaelf7777777

please list out the selections at the end of each round. will make it easy for us to keep track of things.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Picks so Far

wfdu ben91 = Matthew Hayden
archie mac = Gilbert Jessop
bagapath = Garry Sobers
Jamee999 = Adam Gilchrist
fredfertang = Richard Hadlee
Michaelf7777777 = Wasim Akram
Somerset = Umar Gul
nz0003

nz0003
Somerset
Michaelf7777777
fredfertang
Jamee999
bagapath
archie mac
wfdu ben91

nz0003 (2 picks) and Somerset (1 pick) are up

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry been busy with exams, have now finished so should get on a bit more regularly.

In keeping with my side's current look Ajantha Mendis for my pick. :)

bagapath

International Captain
i want a fast bowling all-rounder who can accurately bowl at express pace, hit the ball miles into the stands and field like a panther.

keith miller