• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI

subshakerz

International Coach
I'll definitely allow it because you know I love Abbas, but you're still a hipster for it.

You also admitted the other day that you deliberately like to create teams that struggle to cobble together ten overs for the fifth bowler because that's what ODIs are to you. I smiled when I read it because like, I totally agree as a nerdy kid who was obsessed with the Mercantile Mutual Cup (Aus 50 overs domestic for those who don't know), but I think it may reveal your bias if you want to bat Dhoni at 7 and get 10 out of Watson/Sachin/Viv to fit Abbas in.
Abbas with 60 odd games can't be in the XI.

subshakerz

International Coach
Babar S/R is pretty meh compared to Abbas

Plus he never played an innings like this
Not comparing them, point is you need at least enough matches to have your success verified. Garner barely makes it at nearly 100 matches.

But 60 games is really too little to justify in an ATG XI. Maybe an Asian ATG XI ok, but you are comparing him to players who have hundreds of games under their belt. Abbas basically scored all the centuries in his career in a two year period.

ataraxia

International Coach
why does CW always soak 30 pages up when the topic of AT ODI XIs is raised. Thankfully it's the highest-quality discussion, always and forever. :ph34r:

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
why does CW always soak 30 pages up when the topic of AT ODI XIs is raised. Thankfully it's the highest-quality discussion, always and forever. :ph34r:
they still aren’t a patch on the riveting content discussion that is a slippy comparison thread

JordanTheExplorer

Cricket Spectator
  1. SR Tendulkar
  2. M Hayden
  3. R Ponting (c)
  4. IVA Richards
  5. AB De Villiers (wk)
  6. MG Bevan
  7. L Klusener
  8. S Warne
  9. M Muralidharan
  10. Shane Bond
  11. G McGrath

Last edited:

Silver Silva

International Debutant
1.Virender Sehwag
2.Sanath Jayasuriya
3.Ricky Ponting (C)
4.Brian Lara
5.Michael Bevan
6.MS Dhoni (WK)
7.Lance Klusener
8.Imran Khan
9.Wasim Akram
10.Shane Bond
11.Muttiah Muralitharan

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
First XI

Sharma
Tendulkar
Richards
Kohli
ABdV
Dhoni
Klusener
Pollock
Wasim
Garner / McGrath
Murali

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Second XI

Jayasuriya
Gilchrist
Ponting
Lara
Bevan
Hussey
Watson
Dev
Lee
Ambrose
Saqlain

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tendulkar
Lara
Viv
Kohli
de Villiers
Dhoni
Pollock
Wasim
Garner
Murali
McGrath

I don't like the long tail, but I reckon a batting allrounder as fifth bowler would just get smashed at this theoretical higher level, and Flintoff was really unsuited to 7 to the point where I'd rather have Pollock there.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gilchrist
Tendulkar
Ponting
Kohli
Richards
DeVilliers
Kapil
Wasim
Warne
Garner