• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Yeah look, when we add in his batting, I don't think I can leave him out. I think I'd sooner leave out Wasim, sacrilege as it is.
Let's leave out Mcgrath.

Wasim, Garner, Pollock brings more to the table and then add Warne and Hadlee u not only got the best bowling attack but also a strong tail

Gilchrist *
Sachin
Richards (c)
Kohli
De Villiers
Klusener
Pollock
Hadlee
Wasim
Warne
Garner

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Let's leave out Mcgrath.

Wasim, Garner, Pollock brings more to the table and then add Warne and Hadlee u not only got the best bowling attack but also a strong tail

Gilchrist *
Sachin
Richards (c)
Kohli
De Villiers
Klusener
Pollock
Hadlee
Wasim
Warne
Garner
I'd rather leave out Hadlee from that lot than McGrath tbh. By picking Hadlee we're basically just improving the standard of the #9, which... ehhh.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Am I the only one who has no idea what AA's opinion on Klusener, Hadlee, Pollock, McGrath, Garner is?
Garner is the GOAT ODI bowler
Pollock is the GOAT ODI allrounder and easily one of the best ODI bowler
Mcgrath one of the best ODI bowler but there is nothing to suggest that he was better than Akram, Hadlee or Pollock. His stats looks better because of the team he was in
Hadlee again one of the best ODI bowler and underrated here
Klusener one of the best finisher and lower order bat and one of the greast ODI all rounder.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I'd rather leave out Hadlee from that lot than McGrath tbh. By picking Hadlee we're basically just improving the standard of the #9, which... ehhh.
Hadlee is as good a bowler as Mcgrath and better bat than Akram. The question is who are u gonna pick Akram or Mcgrath.

subshakerz

International Coach
You have ODI ATG bats till no. 6, and even after Kapil, have Akram. So both an ATG batting lineup, with people like Kohli who is generally as the greatest ODI batsmen ever when chasing, and Dhoni who averages close to 100 while chasing, and batting depth till 8. Hence I choose to take the risk of keeping Kapil at 7 due to high SR and explosive finishing. Also at 7, there are only 6 or so people who average above 30.
Fair enough