• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'd play Hobbs in that T20 team ohno....down the order.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I'd play Hobbs in that T20 team ohno....down the order.
Tempted to put him about four or five, but I would imagine that he would be a similar player to Ames. Both Rices and Cairns are incredibly destructive players, but they need to spend a decent amount of time at the crease first; ideally they are already both a position to low.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Don't worry about it Monk. In an adrenalin charged LO match Dan's team would be 5-down inside the first 15 overs. All Run Out.
Such a myth. Run outs make for hilarious after-dinner stories, so they got exaggerated a lot. Definitely no worse than Shane Watson's strike rotation, and Twatto is a good limited overs opener when it comes to taking advantage of fielding restrictions.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kane Williamson? Never would have guessed him in a 1000 years. I guess that's what make me a 'grumpy old man'.

Nice teams btw Dan and OHNO. Howe's team is exciting to say the least, with a slight bias toward T20.
Heh. Just a smidge.

I want a seamer who can bat #8 for all three sides that isn't Nuwan Kulasekera. Will pick when I've had a think.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Code:
5-day		50-over		20-over

Warner		Warner		Warner
Gayle		Gayle		Gayle
Afridi*		Jayawardene	McCullum
Jayawardene	Taylor		Jayawardene
Taylor		McCullum	Taylor

McCullum	Afridi		Afridi
Broad		Broad		Broad
Ajmal		Ajmal		Ajmal
Malinga		Malinga		Malinga
McGrath		McGrath		McGrath

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Michael Bevan

ODI XI
01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Graeme Smith
03. Rahul Dravid
04. Mark Waugh
05. Michael Bevan
06. Shakib Al-Hasan
07. Kapil Dev
09. Abdul Qadir
10. Joel Garner
11. Allan Donald

Still considering the Test Match and T20 XIs as my priority (gotta choose something) has been the ODI team from Round 1 - although I didn't want to entirely neglect any format.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Bevan

ODI XI
01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Graeme Smith
03. Rahul Dravid
04. Mark Waugh
05. Michael Bevan
06. Shakib Al-Hasan
07. Kapil Dev
09. Abdul Qadir
10. Joel Garner
11. Allan Donald

Still considering the Test Match and T20 XIs as my priority (gotta choose something) has been the ODI team from Round 1 - although I didn't want to entirely neglect any format.
Great pick and one that I considered in the last round.

Was honestly surprised he was still on the board and was wondering when he was going to be selected.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Think it's my go again? Patrick Patterson - prob not the best bowler available but one of the fastest and most intimidating for sure.

Someone with real pace is always a handy option in T20 too and an opening attack of Akram and Patterson in any format would be a frightening prospect for any batsman.

watson

Banned
Next up.....

GI Joe
Harsh
Kyear

According to the usual Drafting Rules - Harsh can pick straight away without waiting for GI Joe since GI Joe has missed 2 consecutive picks.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tests:

1. Kirsten
2. Gooch
4. Hammond
5. Miandad
6. Botham
7. Imran
9. Swann
10. Gillespie