• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

watson

Banned
Rahul DRAVID - 109 ODI innings at No.3. Scored exactly 4000 runs at an average of 39, and a SR of 70. Stats slightly better at No.5 if need be. Perfect foil for Greenidge and Waugh in both Test matches and LO. A complete gift for Round 9.

01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Graeme Smith
03. Rahul Dravid
04. Mark Waugh
06. Shakib Al-Hasan
07. Kapil Dev
09. Abdul Qadir
10. Joel Garner
11. Allan Donald

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Being as GI Joe posted in another thread a couple of hours ago, I would say that he is being either very forgetful, or very decent, by not picking his 2 players for Round 9.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Being as GI Joe posted in another thread a couple of hours ago, I would say that he is being either very forgetful, or very decent, by not picking his 2 players for Round 9.
I've been online. I'm just in one of my moods where I cbf to do the research. I had Rahul Dravid in mind and should have picked him when I had the chance. Oh well. I'll pick soon. Sorry for holding up the draft. I didn't realise it was already my pick this last round.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Code:
5-day		50-over		20-over

Warner		Warner		Warner
Gayle		Gayle		Gayle
Afridi*		Jayawardene	McCullum
Jayawardene			Jayawardene
Taylor		Taylor		Taylor
		McCullum	
McCullum	Afridi		Afridi

Ajmal		Ajmal		Ajmal
Malinga		Malinga		Malinga
McGrath		McGrath		McGrath

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Afridi at 3 and captaining :laugh: Howe WAFG

Anyway, Denis Compton and Kane Williamson for me.

While Compo wasn't the greatest between the wickets, I reckon he can open the innings well in ODI cricket and boundary reliance in T20 isn't a bad thing. Especially with KW in the top 3 to do his thing

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
TestODIT20
1. M Trescothick1. M Trescothick1. M Trescothick
2. -2. D Compton2. D Compton
3. K Williamson3. K Williamson3. K Williamson
4. Zaheer Abbas4. Zaheer Abbas4. Zaheer Abbas
5. D Compton5. AB de Villiers +5. AB de Villiers +
6. AB de Villiers +6. -6. -
7. M Procter7. M Procter7. M Procter
8. D Vettori8. D Vettori8. D Vettori
9. M Johnson9. M Johnson9. M Johnson
10. C Vaas10. C Vaas10. C Vaas
11. M Muralitharan11. M Muralitharan11. M Muralitharan
12th (?)12th (?)12th (?)

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Clarrie Grimmet. Had all the skills to be successful in LO, control, changes of flight and pace plus all the variations in the book.

TEST XI
Hobbs
Gibbs
Kanhai
Tendulkar

Rice
Ames
Cairns
Bond
Grimmet
Younis

ODI XI
Tendulkar
Hobbs
Gibbs
Kanhai
Ames
Rice
Cairns

Bond
Grimmet
Younis

T20 XI
Tendulkar
Gibbs
Kanhai
Ames
Rice
Cairns

Bond
Grimmet
Younis

watson

Banned
Kane Williamson? Never would have guessed him in a 1000 years. I guess that's what make me a 'grumpy old man'.

Nice teams btw Dan and OHNO. Howe's team is exciting to say the least, with a slight bias toward T20.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Really wanted Compton, Jones, Miller & Warne in my side. Couple of blokes with legit swag, and a couple who though they had legit swag!