• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alastair Cook Retires from International Cricket

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Going a bit overboard really, the eulogizing. I mean he isn't even retiring from cricket. You'll still see him for Essex for three years.

SeamUp

International Coach
I'm not a massive Cook fan boy but he did play 161 test matches. Don't think another England player will do that.

It's different a nice gesture to see all 74 players he played with from PCA ?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I got that and the 09 one, missed some right obvious ones though

Gets hard when Strauss retired and you’ve got three openers a series to remember
Got 45/74.

Most of the left hand column was full, got the incredible Amjad Khan and a couple of the more obscure ones. As my interest has waned over the last few years there's no chance I was getting the obscure ones like Ansari who played a couple of tests then retired/were dumped.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
One of my favourite series that. One of the perks of working evenings I guess, got to watch a ****load of cricket

Goddamn I’m not ready for Cook to go.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not a massive Cook fan boy but he did play 161 test matches. Don't think another England player will do that.

It's different a nice gesture to see all 74 players he played with from PCA ?
Jimmy on 143 so if he carries on after next years ashes he will surely beat it.

TheJediBrah

Chances of him staying on now? 10%? less? What if England make an impassioned plea for him to stay, I mean they'll be bloody terrible without him it seems.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Chances of him staying on now? 10%? less? What if England make an impassioned plea for him to stay, I mean they'll be bloody terrible without him it seems.
Nah, he's not staying on.

And damn straight we are going to be poorer without him.......all those that have been calling for his head the last few months are going to realise very quickly how much we are going to miss him. There are some dark times coming for this English side.

TheJediBrah

I agree completely, but it's going to look pretty bad when Jennings and Hales (or whoever) average 10 each for the next few series and Cook is averaging 100 for Essex.

The next series being against SL will probably help hide the issue though given their lack of fast bowling strike power at the top