• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alastair Cook Retires from International Cricket

Bijed

International Regular
What do people rate as Cook's test century?
My favourite few (in no real order):

His 162 against New Zealand which saw us turn a big first-innings defecit into one of our best wins in recent year

His 263 against Pakistan
. Possibly the most 'Cook' innings he's ever played, an absolute masterclass in patience and just batting for ages. Especially welcome in the context given out penchant for getting rolled when the oppo get a big score first up

His 235* against Australia. Again, dug us out of a tricky match situation, was part of probably the most dominant England test batting performance I've seen and of course set the tone for the rest of that magnificent series

And of course, his 147 in his final test innings. Fantastic, emotional knock and a fairytale end to a great career. As I said in the tour thread, I've never felt so happy for a cricketer as when he brought up the three figures in that innings. And given how well Rahul and Pant did afterwards, turned out to be an important innings in the context of the game too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
His 293 against India was funny.

India hadn't really got anyone out all series and I think tried to get the better of Cook by inspiring pity. They mostly bowled wide medium pace and dropped catches. Eoin Morgan made a hundred.

Cook manifestly failed to feel guilty about knocking it into the legside and taking a single 200 times.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the ones in India when he and KP held the batting together when we won were his best. To win out there against a pretty good Indian side (not as good as sides 2 years before or after) who very rarely get beaten at home was some performance.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My favourite few (in no real order):

His 162 against New Zealand which saw us turn a big first-innings defecit into one of our best wins in recent year
This one was superb. His Brisbane double and the tons in India in 2012 get more praise but that knock vs NZ was amazing in how it turned the game around with good old fashioned defensive batting. Masterclass of judgement outside off stump.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Bump:

Na na na na na na na na na

Ali Ali Cook , Ali Co
ok , Ali Ali Cook

Na na na na na na na na na