• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar and Asif in the news again

Fusion

Global Moderator
Mohammad Asifs statement in Urdu.

Looks like Shoaib is lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd5jNSKYOn0
For the majority that don't understand Urdu, Asif basically said that Shoaib and Afridi were arguing. Asif said that Afridi told Shoaib that he wasn't respecting junior players, and hence was losing their respect in turn. Shoaib then turned to Asif and asked him if he thought that was true. Asif replied that he didn't know and started laughing. At that point Shoaib came at him with a bat. Asif said he thought Shoaib was joking until he actually hit him. Asif also said he didn't hear Afridi insult Shoaib's father (like Shoaib claimed).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Maybe it's me but having a 'Don't hit your teammate with a bat' rule is pretty important. He shouldn't play again for Pakistan IMO.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i honestly want him in the team.... but considering that his presence would dis unite the team then.. pakistan should ban him for life. he isn't improving and he keeps making things worse not only for himself but for pakistan cricket too. for sake of pakistan cricket they should ban him now..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont trust anyone of them. They are all idiots, Asif isn't that innocent. Afridi doesn't have a reputation of saint either. Akhtar, I dont know what one can say about this guy. How many more chances he is going to get.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I dont trust anyone of them. They are all idiots, Asif isn't that innocent. Afridi doesn't have a reputation of saint either. Akhtar, I dont know what one can say about this guy. How many more chances he is going to get.
AWTA.

Where is Shoaib Malik or Geoff Lawson?

R_D

International Debutant
Maybe it's me but having a 'Don't hit your teammate with a bat' rule is pretty important. He shouldn't play again for Pakistan IMO.
This is Pakistan cricket team we are talking about anything is possible.
I wouldn't be suprised if he comes back into the team next series.

pup11

International Coach
I just can't imagine how all 3 of them (Afridi, Asif and Akthar) would adjust and adapt themselves if they have to play together in a same team ever again.
But you guys are right i can see Akthar playing in the test series against South Africa next month.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I just can't imagine how all 3 of them (Afridi, Asif and Akthar) would adjust and adapt themselves if they have to play together in a same team ever again.
But you guys are right i can see Akthar playing in the test series against South Africa next month.
That has been the story of Pakistani cricket for nearly as long as one can remember.

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan players always fight but then they also kiss and make up.

Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi fought. Afridi bashed him up but then they kissed! :laugh:

R_D

International Debutant

Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi fought. Afridi bashed him up but then they kissed! :laugh:
Yeah they usually fight with each other.... makes you wonder if they stopped doing all that they's be a really good team.
Waqar and Wasim weren't too fond of each other either but still made a formidable opening bowling combination.

pup11

International Coach

Its news to me that Younis and Afridi are gay and they swing the other way :lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That has been the story of Pakistani cricket for nearly as long as one can remember.
Has it really? I mean, sure, there have always been factions and there has always been who-you-know-not-how-good-you-are in selection (Yawer once told me that it's common for those in high PCB places to get "we want no more Mohammads in the team now") but has it really been as chaotic as it often has with Shoaib and Afridi around?

I just cannot imagine this.