• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar and Asif in the news again

Xuhaib

International Coach
Especially that one episode where Darrell Hair makes a special appearance.
That was the big international incident but my favourite is the underrated Imran Farhat incident.

For those who are not aware about it when Imran farhat was dropped from the Abu Dhabi series his Father-in-law Mohd Illyas a former test cricketer staged a hunger strike outside PCB head office in Lahore but when noone took notice him he called it off the same day citing Low-blood pressure.
:laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
According to an evening newspaper.

Afridi denied having called Shoaib's family anything, infact the topic of discussion between the two was 'gaining respect of the juniors'. Apparently Asif was in the bathroom at the time and agreed with Afridi. Shoaib got angry due to something Asif said, broke the bathroom door, pulled Asif out of the bathroom and smacked him with the bat

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
He had some serious injury but yesterday I read in the newspapers that he's fit now & would soon start playing domestic cricket again.
Wasim Akram rates Mohammad Aamer as the best left armer in Pakistan.

Hes the 16 year old currently playing for Pakistan U-19. Was hitting 86mph consistently against England U-19 in the ODIs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wasim Akram rates Mohammad Aamer as the best left armer in Pakistan.

Hes the 16 year old currently playing for Pakistan U-19. Was hitting 86mph consistently against England U-19 in the ODIs.
Dont take Akram's word seriously, he once rated Pathan highly aswell.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Dont take Akram's word seriously, he once rated Pathan highly aswell.
But Pathan was genuinely very good at that point...one of the best one day bowlers around TBH...even uve gotta admit that...he just lost his way last yr...plus he is very young and could soon be back with a bang!!!

Nishant

International 12th Man
Damn! I just read the rest of this thread...i wasnt aware that Shoaib was in a press conference...he is a prat isnt he.....as for ur Q Haroon.....i wold say that Afridi provoked anger frm Shoaib and Asif probably wasnt successful in calming Shoaib down....but it still wouldnt make sense for him to smack the crap out of Asif....i bet Shoaib is just making excuses.....

Xuhaib

International Coach
But Pathan was genuinely very good at that point...one of the best one day bowlers around TBH...even uve gotta admit that...he just lost his way last yr...plus he is very young and could soon be back with a bang!!!
Only if he stops bowling at Kumble's pace, Pathan is a real one trick pony as soon as the ball looses shine he becomes cannon fodder to the batsman.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Only if he stops bowling at Kumble's pace, Pathan is a real one trick pony as soon as the ball looses shine he becomes cannon fodder to the batsman.
Yes, but he was promising, like Akram said. He bowled in the mid eighties when he came on the scene.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All the same, Dennis Lillee once called Mitchell Johnson the most promising 17-year-old ever too... and Rod Marsh Chris Read one of the best wicketkeeper-batsmen around... and any number of other things.

One person calling one other person something doesn't really mean that much TBH. Ex-cricketers are given to hyperbole about up-and-coming cricketers, it's a fact of life.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Now this is funny.

Shoaib says Asif accidentally got in the way. Afridi says Shoaib went to the bathroom , tore the door off, dragged Asif out and beat the hell out of him...I wonder who's telling the truth

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
THE QUOTE

Akhtar : "I did it for the same reason as Zidane......"

http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2007/09/08/akhtar-equates-spat-to-zidane-head-butt.html

TO RECOLLECT

Zidane : (when Materazzi tugged at Zidane's shirt) - "If you want my shirt that badly I'll give it to you at the end of the match".

Materazzi : "I'd prefer your whore of a sister", (using the Italian word "puttana", meaning whore or tart.)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article2287327.ece

THE CONCLUSION

So Watson, heres what may have happened

Akhtar (to Afridi ) : "...if you want my underwear that badly, I'll give it to you at the end of practice .."
Afridi (to Akhtar) : "I'd prefer your sisters "
Asif (to Afridi) : .." careful dude, i wouldnt want that, I have seen her, she looks exactly like him..."

Akhtar steps out and takes a wild swing....Afridi dives..... Asif jumps high, (but not high enough....) and gets hit on the leg .

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Akhtar (to Afridi ) : ...if you want my underwear that badly, I'll give it to you at the end of practice .."
Afridi (to Akhtar) : "I'd prefer your sisters "
Asif (to Afridi) : .." careful dude, i wouldnt want that, I have seen her, she looks exactly like him...
:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now this is funny.

Shoaib says Asif accidentally got in the way. Afridi says Shoaib went to the bathroom , tore the door off, dragged Asif out and beat the hell out of him...I wonder who's telling the truth
Knowing those two, probably neither.