• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Voges average watch

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
most lists I see use a 20 innings minimum, not a 1000 runs minimum and Sid Barnes is usually exempt from it

turnstyle

State 12th Man
There forever.

This right here just shows you how amazing Bradman was. The amount of little things needed to go in favour for Voges over his 19 innings just to scrape it over 100. Imagine having to do that over 80.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ha. Someone needs to do a career average list adjusted to factor in Sachin Fan Pressure. Voges yet to have his effigy burnt - that must take off at least 30 runs.
Voges with Sachin Fan Pressure would be currently averaging 97.83

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Quite neatly, his overall average is now 100.33, and his average outside England is now 200.6.

The chart above reminds me of the "top averages" list in the 2nd edition of the Wisden Book of Cricket Records (published at the start of 1986), in which Tim Robinson is 4th on 62.26 behind Bradman, Dempster and Barnes. Six months later his average had dropped to 42.08.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair play to Voges. Take that ashes out he must average around 130 the rest of the time. Ridiculous.

Or closer to 200 actually. Madness.

I must admit I expected him to be bombed after the ashes so credit to the selectors for sticking with him.

Last edited: