• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Restricted Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Weldone timed out. I'll have Conrad Hunte

Andrew B to finish Round 10 with kingkallis and weldone having catch-up selections.

Is round 11 going to be a free for all?
No, it will be based on the draws for rounds 1,3,5,7 & 9. Some may have been disadvantaged more than others by the Randomiser so I'll tally the places allocated (1st choice = 1; 2nd = 2 etc) and those with the highest scores will get earlier picks.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is the updated list of selections and restrictions after Round 10 with kingkallis to have a catch-up when ready.

Updated selections and restrictions as follows:

AndrewB - Shane Warne, Everton Weekes, Vernon Philander, Javed Miandad, Sanath Jayasuriya, Tom Richardson, Tony Greig, Sid Barnes, Martin Donnelly, Heath Streak

ataraxia - Dale Steyn, Bill O’Reilly, Dudley Nourse, Peter May, Michael Clarke, Hedley Verity, Roy Fredericks, Farokh Engineer, Sylvester Clarke, Mohammad Azharuddin

honestbharani - Imran Khan, Mushtaq Mohammad, Bruce Reid, Shakib Al Hasan, Aravinda De Silva, Jason Gillespie, Joe Root, Les Ames, Jeff Stollemeyer, Peter van der Bijl

JOJOXI - Sachin Tendulkar, Clive Lloyd, Hanif Mohammad, Jimmy Anderson, Colin Croft, Wifred Rhodes, Clive Rice, Rod Marsh, Erapilla Prassana, David Boon

kingkallis - Sydney Barnes, Alan Davidson, Graham Gooch, Charles Macartney, Martin Crowe, Lance Gibbs, M. Jayawardene, Des Haynes, John Reid,

Line and Length - Steve Smith, Ken Barrington, Graeme Smith, Kapil Dev, Shane Bond, Bert Ironmonger, Hashan Tillakaratne, Brian McMillan, Trent Boult, Conrad Hunte

Teuton - Muttiah Muralitharan, Sunil Gavaskar, A B de Villiers, Maurice Tate, Wes Hall, Brendon McCullum, Clem Hill, Chris Cairns, Richie Richardson,
Alastair Cook

trundler - Jack Hobbs, Alan Knott, Courtney Walsh, Younis Khan, Kane Williamson, Learie Constantine, Jack Gregory, Vijay Hazare, B.S. Chandrasekhar,
Bill Brown

weldone - Kumar Sangakkara, W G Grace, Steve Waugh, Kagiso Rabada, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, John Snow, Ravindra Jadeja, Chris Gayle,
Cheteshwar Pujara, Mitchell Starc

Restrictions by country (max 2):
Andrew B: England, Australia, West Indies
Ataraxia: South Africa, Australia, England, West Indies
Honestbharani: Pakistan, Australia, England
JOJOXI: West Indies, England, Australia
Kingkallis: England, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand
Line & Length: Australia, South Africa, New Zealand
Teuton: New Zealand, West Indies, England
Trundler: England, West Indies, India, Australia
Weldone: England, West Indies, India, Australia

Restrictions by syllables (max 6 for both categories):
Honestbharani: 3 or more syllables
JOJOXI: 1 syllable
Kingkallis: 1 syllable
Line & Length 1 syllable

Round 11 Draw (Based on total positions from earlier draws)

Teuton (29 on 1,3,5,7,& 9) - as if he needs an advantage!
Ataraxia 28
JOJOXI 27
Honestbharani 26
Trundler 25
Line & Length 25
Kingkallis 22
Weldone 22
Andrew B 21

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Like your system for R11, L&L. It's better to have the advantage in the early rounds for sure, but at least this attempts to repair a bit of the damage. :)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
When your teams are finalised you are asked to list them with nominated captain and 'keeper along with Test averages (both batting and bowling for designated all-rounders). Feel free to add comments.

Judging will be done along similar lines to those used by JOJOXI in the Current Test XI draft. I like the idea of peer assessment.

ataraxia

International Coach
Colin de Grandhomme -- given I'm restricted by the top 5 test nations and want a pacer all-rounder (or a decent opener).

ataraxia

International Coach
Like Teuton, will post my full team with averages and write-up later but for now this is my completed XI:

1. RC Fredericks /
2. FM Engineer + / (I know, I know...)
3. PBH May* /
4. AD Nourse /
5. M Azharuddin /
6. MJ Clarke /
7. C de Grandhomme / o (would dismiss Tendulkar, not a doubt about it :))
8. H Verity o
9. DW Steyn o
10. WJ O'Reilly o
11. ST Clarke o

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Daryll Cullinan

All figures are Test match figures apart from Clive Rice who due to Apartheid only played 3 ODIS at the back end of his career. I’ve posted his First-Class figures.

1. HANIF MOHAMMED (3915 runs @ 43.98)
2. WILFRIED RHODES (2325 runs @ 30.19) (127 wickets @ 26.96)
3. DAVID BOON (7422 runs @ 43.65)
4. SACHIN TENDULKAR (15921 runs @ 53.78)
]5. DARYLL CULLINAN (4554 runs @ 44.21)
6. CLIVE LLOYD (captain) (7515 runs @ 46.67)
7. CLIVE RICE (First-class) (26331 runs @ 40.95) (930 wickets @ 22.49)
8. ROD MARSH (keeper) (3633 runs @ 26.51)
9. ERAPALLI PRASSANA (735 runs @ 11.48) (189 wickets @ 30.38)
10. JAMES ANDERSON (1185 runs @ 9.63) (584 wickets @ 26.83)
11. COLIN CROFT (158 runs @ 10.53) (125 wickets @ 23.30)

Despite Wilfred Rhodes middling average he played 58 matches for England just under half of them as an opener. When opening Rhodes average increases to 36.73. Also 127 Test wickets makes him a good option as a second spinner to support Prasanna, a bit of variety with an offspinner and slow left-armer too. By all accounts Clive Rice was a very capable allrounder, Wisden question whether he is the best player ever to not play Test Cricket (https://www.wisden.com/stories/coun...-by-example-and-an-all-rounder-par-excellence) and with that bowling average hope he could step up to Test Cricket as a 3rd seamer. His batting ensures there is depth in the lower middle-order.

Anderson and Croft provide a nice contrast, Croft gives the bowling attack some express pace whilst Anderson can hold an end tight if conditions aren't in his favour and can carve through a batting line up if the ball is swinging.

Hanif Mohammed provides grit at the top of the order, David Boon whilst playing mostly at 3 has opened in 63 Test innings averaging just over 45 in those innings, so a solid man to come in if one of the openers get out early. Tendulkar, Cullinan and Lloyd a very competent 4,5 and 6 and a strong captain to lead this side in Clive Lloyd.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Kingkallis has had his catch-up.

Remaining Round 11 order:

honestbharani - trundler - Line & Length - kingkallis - weldone - Andrew B

Teuton

International Captain
1. Sunil Gavaskar - 10122 runs @51
2. Alastair Cook - 12472 runs @45
3. Clem Hill 3412 runs @39
4. Richie Richardson - 5949 runs @44
5. AB de Villiers - 8765 runs @50
6. Brendon McCullum - 6453 runs @38, 178 wk dismissals
7. Chris Cairns - 3320 runs @33, 218 wkts @29
8. Maurice Tate - 155 wkts @26, 1198 runs @25
9. Wes Hall - 192 wkts @26
10. Graham McKenzie - 246 wkts @29
11. Muttiah Muralitharan - 800 wkts @22

Starts with an outstanding opening pair, followed by a very good middle order and depth in batting thanks to the multi-talented NZers McCullum and Cairns. Four very good quicks to cycle through while Murali weaves his magic at the other end.

ataraxia

International Coach
1. RC Fredericks / (4334 runs at 42.49)
2. FM Engineer + / (2661 runs at 31.08; 82 wk dismissals)
3. PBH May* / (4537 runs at 46.77)
4. AD Nourse / (2960 runs at 53.81)
5. M Azharuddin / (6215 runs at 45.03)
6. MJ Clarke / (8643 runs at 49.10)
7. C de Grandhomme / o (1185 runs at 37.03; 47 wickets at 31.63)
8. H Verity o (669 runs at 20.90; 144 wickets at 24.37)
9. DW Steyn o (1251 runs at 13.59; 439 wickets at 22.95)
10. ST Clarke o (172 runs at 15.63; 42 wickets at 27.85)
11. WJ O'Reilly o (410 runs at 12.81; 144 wickets at 22.59)

Just my 2c, but I hope that sides aren't judged on averages alone.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Restricted Draft

Honest Hunks

Jeff Stollmeyer - 2159 runs @ 42
Pieter Van Der Bijl – 460 runs @ 51, backup keeper
Joe Root – 7599 runs @ 48, 28 wickets @ 50
Aravinda De Silva (vc) – 6361 runs @ 43, 29 wickets @ 42
Shakib Al Hasan – 3862 runs @ 39, 210 wickets @ 31
Mushtaq Mohammed – 3643 runs @ 39, 79 wickets @ 29
Imran Khan © - 3807 runs @ 38, 362 wickets @ 23
Les Ames (wk) – 2434 runs @ 41, 74 catches and 23 stumpings
James Pattinson – 417 runs @ 26, 81 wickets @ 26
Jason Gillespie – 1218 runs @ 19, 259 wickets @ 26
Bruce Reid – 113 wickets @ 25

Very happy with the side overall, choice of new ball pairing between Reid and either Imran/Pattinson depending on Imran’s batting workload, excellent 4 seamer attack for all conditions, bounce, swing, pace, reverse swing all available in plenty. Excellent allrounders for the spin attack in Shakib and Mushtaq, covering both wrist and finger spin with plenty of back up from Aravinda and Joe Root. Batting wise, batsmen who average 40 or there abouts till 8 and 9 and 10 are no mugs either, so will never be easy to run through this side, whatever be the attack facing them. Think its one of my better efforts in recent drafts.