• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A plea for non-discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I have noted a trend for any post that is negative on the subject of Mr Tendulkar to result in warnings/infractions, and worryingly that seems to be reaching a stage where legitimate comment and criticism or humour are being stifled.

On the other hand some players, notably Stuart Broad and Ian Bell, get regularly pilloried, and some very personal remarks made about them, with it seems there being no issues raised.

Surely this should be consistent? If someone questioned Sachin's gender, however deeply their tongue was planted in their cheek, I'm pretty sure there would consequences. Our Stu on the other hand seems to be fair game.

Or is Sachin just a special case? If he is he shouldn't be - any supporter of his who can't utilise 33,000 International runs and 99 centuries, not to mention all his other achievements, to repel any criticism of their hero really shouldn't, due to being so intellectually lacking, be posting on a cricket forum in the first place.
What? Do you read the forums? People insult Sachin all the time.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What? Do you read the forums? People insult Sachin all the time.
This. Need some more(or any) concrete specific examples tbh.
I think context of each comment is different wrt to each player and don't think there is anything wrong with criticisim of a Tendulkar or a Bradman or a Broad or a Harbahajan unless it is being done repeatedly or to incite.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
FYI the moderation team have introduced some new measures to improve the infraction system. In future an 'Infraction report' as per the below will be issued in all cases

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze 18 permanent banned?:confused:

Bit odd considering he hasn't posted for more than a month.Hopefully not done based on suspicion and accusations alone without concrete evidence as he was a good and eloquent member with a decent number of posts with many different and better expressed views than the previous banned member.
One supported Lara and the Other Tendulkar for example:p

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze 18 permanent banned?:confused:

Bit odd considering he hasn't posted for more than a month.Hopefully not done based on suspicion and accusations alone without concrete evidence as he was a good and eloquent member with a decent number of posts with many different and better expressed views than the previous banned member.
One supported Lara and the Other Tendulkar for example:p
Yes, the decision was based on concrete evidence that we had, not any kind of accusations from other members or suspicions based on posts he made.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
In the interest of transparency any idea as to what that Evidence was?

Seems odd that such a errant member who has been previously found behind really bad behavior,Creating multi's and abusing members badly would create a account with a different style of posting and different views and then go on till 4500 posts and a decent amount of time with other accounts also unbanned and post together in a different manner.
Usually in my experience of moderating and even running forums the members resort to usual tendencies pretty quickly and get caught via IP,Contact details,Masked IP or other posting. Even ones who create about 10 accounts a day to troll and then have one slip through.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh and by the way I don't want to be overly dramatic or anything, but this is the piece of **** who left all the VMs around April/May time. The fact that he's capable of coherent and thoughtful posting makes certain comments that were made that much worse.

Of course, until the mods bin all his multis we won't be free of the bottom dwelling scumbag but you can't blame them (:-O) if no concrete proof is presented; after all, I could easily set up a multi next time I get a new smartphone and find myself undetectable that way.

But the bottom line is don't defend Blaze just because you didn't suspect - the guy is an absolute piece of **** and I would happily punch the **** in the face should we ever meet. I aint a violent guy, not even slightly. But some **** you don't say.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
We proved beyond any doubt that they were using the same computer. It doesn't really get any more damning.
U inserted Cookies or used a IP sniffer?:p

Presuming it was a Internet/IP address match on the computer bit odd it came a long while after he logged in or posted. Maybe the hold up was to ban him or not in this version in which he was a better member if indeed it was him?

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and by the way I don't want to be overly dramatic or anything, but this is the piece of **** who left all the VMs around April/May time. The fact that he's capable of coherent and thoughtful posting makes certain comments that were made that much worse.

Of course, until the mods bin all his multis we won't be free of the bottom dwelling scumbag but you can't blame them (:-O) if no concrete proof is presented; after all, I could easily set up a multi next time I get a new smartphone and find myself undetectable that way.

But the bottom line is don't defend Blaze just because you didn't suspect - the guy is an absolute piece of **** and I would happily punch the **** in the face should we ever meet. I aint a violent guy, not even slightly. But some **** you don't say.
Kicking a banned member and all that...:ph34r:

Any ways i'd agree with you actually if it was indeed him. Sent me some pretty nasty and racist messages too(except for the punching part,though you never know:p).
He was pretty decent in this avatar though and don't know what he gained from posting as Blaze if it was the same person who abuses and trolls people for fun.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think we will be going into detail about how we do multi detection on the open forum, that just gives people ideas about how to get round it.

Suffice it to say, we are very happy that the evidence is strong enough to take the decision we took.

Status
Not open for further replies.