• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Global Moderator
At the risk of kicking a guy when he's down, but he's always looked and seemed a dodgy little ****. Always reminded me of Sarumen's half-Orcs from Lord of the Rings.

Craig

World Traveller
AFL going to ban him for a lengthy period anyway.
Danny Wicks, an NRL player was charged with drug trafficking, and he actually resigned from the club as to not let them get involved with something they had nothing to do with. Don't see Stokes doing it though.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Stupid thing to do, even if all he did was source it for his mates. He's the one with the reputation to lose and he should have known that.

Personally, I don't have any sympathy for him even if he just bought it for friends. Once you're a part of that system you're helping perpetuate it, so throw the book at him I say.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At the risk of kicking a guy when he's down, but he's always looked and seemed a dodgy little ****. Always reminded me of Sarumen's half-Orcs from Lord of the Rings.
With that moe, does he not remind you of the token mexican/south american bad-guy in any action movie involving drugs? Waiting for him to bust out a press conference in spanish

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Gotta love intra club reports.

According to them every single player is a gun.

Reading the fluff peices about them this morning makes me realise how **** sports journalism is these days.

howardj

International Coach
Re Stokes

You'd hardly think buying for your mates, and then selling it to them at no profit would be 'trafficking'.

Would have thought trafficking was buying, and then selling at arm's length with the intent to make a profit.

Either way though, he deserves a lengthy 'rest' from the game, just for sheer stupidity.

I mean, as an athlete, if there is one thing that can strip you of your livelihood...it's involvement with drugs.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Re Stokes

You'd hardly think buying for your mates, and then selling it to them at no profit would be 'trafficking'.

Would have thought trafficking was buying, and then selling at arm's length with the intent to make a profit.

Either way though, he deserves a lengthy 'rest' from the game, just for sheer stupidity.

I mean, as an athlete, if there is one thing that can strip you of your livelihood...it's involvement with drugs.
Trafficking to me means you have a part in moving illegal substances around, profit or not...

howardj

International Coach
I am so pumped for this season. It's my 2nd full year of AFL.

It's like a romance, I guess....last year, AFL and I got to know each other - but this year, it's full on.

My top eight:

St Kilda
Bulldogs
Geelong
Collingwood
Brisbane
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Essendon

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Free streams of the NAB Cup for International people....awesome :D

Still undecided as to who to tip for the win. Can't see Geelong doing it again, not sure who's going to step up and claim it instead though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hope Nason is all right. Looked bad but they say it wasn't an ACL.

Like the look of Dustin Martin, but **** we were ****.

Last edited:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Ha, I played against Dustin Martin like 2-3 years ago. He head-lock slammed someone in my team and got sent off the ground for a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.