• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
38,203 people there.

Wonder how many people attended the NRL games in Sydney over the last couple of days #warhasbeenwon

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Last quarter been a bit perfunctory.

Now have a Dream Team dilemma: Bugg & Kennedy are emergencies in my squad and both have 100+ scores.

Gonna be subbing me some non-starting players into my XXII then.

Spikey

Really happy McDonald and Cornes had good games. McDonald 'cause he never should have sacked and then replaced by Brad frickin Green and Cornes 'cause I thought he was gone

When does Setanta O'hAilpin come back? I don't rate him that much, but he'll at least provide a contest in those big packs

Spikey

(X) said the Giants and Suns didn’t appear to have done the digging required to unearth players such as Josh Kennedy and Shane Mumford, who were lacking opportunities at other clubs and have since become Sydney stars.

“I think both teams, to be perfectly frank, have missed an opportunity,” (X) told SEN yesterday.

“More for that 23 to 26-year-old sort of player that could be around for three or four years...The guys I’m talking about are the Benny McGlynn, the Josh Kennedy, the Shane Mumford-type.....I think that’s an underestimated group of players - both teams have missed the boat on that very, very significant group of players that could take enormous pressure off those youngsters.....I think that is definitely an area that both clubs have horribly missed the boat in.”

Guess who said it?

howardj

International Coach
Loved Sheeds' prematch address

Love that sort of footage

Great to see a passionate footy man back at the coalface

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
(X) said the Giants and Suns didn’t appear to have done the digging required to unearth players such as Josh Kennedy and Shane Mumford, who were lacking opportunities at other clubs and have since become Sydney stars.

“I think both teams, to be perfectly frank, have missed an opportunity,” (X) told SEN yesterday.

“More for that 23 to 26-year-old sort of player that could be around for three or four years...The guys I’m talking about are the Benny McGlynn, the Josh Kennedy, the Shane Mumford-type.....I think that’s an underestimated group of players - both teams have missed the boat on that very, very significant group of players that could take enormous pressure off those youngsters.....I think that is definitely an area that both clubs have horribly missed the boat in.”

Guess who said it?
Roos for sure.

But more importantly, Spikey, how the heck did Gold Coast underachieve last year? They almost avoided the spoon!

Spikey

best player in the league, best performed KPP defender (for me), good ruckman, good injury run. I dunno know, I just think they could have grabbed a extra win or two. Particularly given how shocking Port and at times Brisbane were

Burgey

Jim Stynes was by all reports a fine man and a superb footballer, but it is ridiculous, maudlin overkill for the Fox Footy Channel to play a "12 hour mon stop tribute" tomorrow.