• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round seventeen tipping update

A few shocks this week, so scoring steady rather than spectacular for the most part. Interestingly (or perhaps not, but I'm here to talk about tipping so that's what I'm gonna do) at least one punter called every game correctly. Kudos especially to dav and Clapo who were the only punters to call the Gold Coast and Freo wins respectively. Clapo rather undid the good work by breaking the CW uniformity to tip the Lions to beat Geelong & Carlton to beat the Pies tho. Melbourne beating Port was the lone fixture everyone agreed on.

No stopping the Bench this round; his six carries the weekly garland. No tips from tozz, so he gets the rounds lowest.

Weekly

Benchy 6
Brumby 5
howardj 5
Jono 5
morgie 5
SKD 5
Clapo 4
Vimes 4
HDS 4
SBI 3
cameeel 3

altoz 3

A bit of jostling in the chasing pack. Vimes drops back to equal third thanks to his 4 and their 3s cost SBI & cameeel valuable ground.

Benchy closes the gap on tozz in one fell swoop, leaving the returning Heefster somewhat cut adrift at the foot.

Overall

1) Brumby 98
2) howardj 97
=3) Vimes 96
=3) SKD 96
=5) morgie 95
=5) Jono 95
7) cameeel 93
8) SBI 92
9) Clapo 90
=10) altoz 88
=10) Benchy 88
12) HDS 83

Round 18 Fixtures

St Kilda vs. Adelaide (Docklands)
North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Western Bulldogs (SCG)
Gold Coast vs. Collingwood (Carrara)
Essendon vs. Carlton (MCG)
Geelong vs. Richmond (Docklands)
Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
Fremantle vs. West Coast (Subiaco Oval)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I see we lost to Gold Coast.

Really have picked an awesome time to leave Melbourne for Europe :dry:

Just saw Ziebell's stats. WAG.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Would've got 2400 in DT if I'd done the smart thing and benched Vickery and played Gilbert instead.

Oh well, will just have to settle for being awesome.

howardj

International Coach
When they get their key defenders back, I reckon Carlton are in this up to their necks. One of the few teams that can genuinely challenge the Pies and the Cats. The Blues just have an X Factor.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Problem is...they suck against good teams

in the top 8 they've beaten Sydney...but not much else. Even a injury struck Essendon managed to get over for a draw. And Sydney suck against good teams too.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Benchy closes the gap on tozz in one fell swoop, leaving the returning Heefster somewhat cut adrift at the foot.
It's like the EPL picks all over again...

St Kilda vs. Adelaide (Docklands)
North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Western Bulldogs (SCG)
Gold Coast vs. Collingwood (Carrara)
Essendon vs. Carlton (MCG)
Geelong vs. Richmond (Docklands)
Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
Fremantle vs. West Coast (Subiaco Oval)

howardj

International Coach
Never underestimate what AFL players put their bodies through for 44 weeks of the year. Having read a few players' books recently, even the pre-seasons are absolutely brutal. I know footy is their job, but still, I really admire their dedication and discipline, not to mention their sheer athletic ability.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Got 8 trades left and only need one more gun upgrade in my forward and backline, so this week gives me some licence to do some gardening.

Funds are a small issue so I think I can burn one of those trades on a cash cow and then bring in Sam Fisher next week, probably for Danny Stanley.

The Town Friars are going from strength to strength (waiting for Benchy to come in and call me a hero).