• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
like abbott after he realised getting the intern kid to write up the Liberal Party's broadband policy for the 2010 election would cost him the election.

Spikey

10,000 people traded in Ian Callinan last round. I'm guessing about 20000 for this week. He has a bye after his 2nd match though which is great for the DTers who can wait a bit.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What good is a massive kick if he can't hit a target. As a fan of a team who specializes in that I can tell you jack all. If he can get into the midfield all will be fine but right now he probably shouldn't be getting games. I see bits and pieces that says he'll be A grade, but I've been seeing the same bits and pieces for years now with Angus Monfires. When you consider the ride Jack Watts has been getting and then Dangerfield's.....
Dangerfield would have been top three in the club B&F voting in the first two months of the season and is second in the club goalkicking right now. He's been best afield for the Crows 2-3 times this season, and pretty much won the Hawthorn game on his own in the second half with 16 touches and 3 goals. How many times has Jack Watts done that? Not saying Watts isn't a talent but their situations are wildly different, to suggest that Dangerfield, a 21 year old with significant talent who is holding his own in the team, should not be getting games in a club sitting in the bottom 4 is just stupid. Who should Craig pick instead in a side that's trying to develop? Myke Cook?

I disagree with Murphy rating him the best player at the club, and he's definitely had a **** month, but he's clearly going to be pretty good in a couple of years and is developing season to season, played his best football yet earlier this year etc. Has shown more than enough to date.

benchmark00

Always struck me as a bloke who lacks brains.

Maybe as a result of how he celebrates like he's just won the grand final after the siren everytime he kicks a goal from the goal line.

Disappointing.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, Sherman is a meat head.

With things like this though, it always strikes as incredibly insincere or 'put on', that people rush to condemn racial abuse (which is, at its core, taking the obvious physical trait of someone and using it against them) and yet they'll then turn around in their own lives around and laugh at fat chicks, or tease fat chicks or people who are disabled. To me, it smacks of the insincerity, and double standards.

When my sister was growing up for instance, she was one fat girl. And the amount of teasing, harrassing and vilification of her had to be seen to be believed. And again, that is singling out a physical trait of somebody and using it against them.

So the next time I see another white guy wringing his hands at racial and ***ual discrimination for that matter, I always think...do you make fun of fat chicks or disabled people?

As I say, all vilification is wrong - it's the shocking double standards that really is grating.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Cox bye, Sandi ****ed again. This is what I've planned for all year in DT. Still got Hale, Petrie and Vickery capable of filling in. The question is, do I move Petrie into the ruck and play Vickery with him, bench Hale in the forward line and back my other depth forwards? Or play all three? Or just get rid of Sandi altogether for a trade down target? 9 times out of 10 it would make the most sense to trade Sandi, especially because I'm not particularly short on trades, but I have a feeling I can defer the decision for a while.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can you change a player's position then? Assuming they're listed as an either/or, obvz. I have Petrie as a forward, but didn't know he could be picked as a ruck too.

benchmark00

Yeah only if you have another ruckman in your team who is listed as a duel position player (ruck/forward in this case)... Tippett is another one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hi guys.

Thought I'd come here to say told you all West Coast were value vs. the blues [/late brag].

How was the game? Also how was Sydney vs. Pies? Seems like Sydney came close.

My tips are below:

Western Bulldogs vs. Melbourne (Docklands)
Fremantle vs. Gold Coast* (Subiaco Oval)
Richmond vs. Carlton (MCG)
Essendon vs. Geelong (Docklands)
Adelaide vs. Sydney (Football Park)
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide (The Gabba)
Collingwood vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
North Melbourne vs. St Kilda (Docklands)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Western Bulldogs vs. Melbourne (Docklands)
Fremantle vs. Gold Coast* (Subiaco Oval)
Richmond vs. Carlton (MCG)
Essendon vs. Geelong (Docklands)
Adelaide vs. Sydney (Football Park)
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide (The Gabba)
Collingwood vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
North Melbourne vs. St Kilda (Docklands)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Am quite confident about this week, I think we have a clear advantage round the stoppages. We've been strong there all year but our ball use has let us down. That has improved a fair amount, so I reckon if we win the clearances, which we should, it will go a long way.

Probably means we will lose though.