• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th Match - Bangladesh v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
definitely giving this game the side eye. i'd be disappointed to lose to any subcontinent side not called india outside of the subcontinent, but they have the spin bowling and a deep batting line up to compensate for their fast bowling deficiencies.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Will be an interesting game. NZ will obviously expect a much bigger fight here than the SL game.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't mind playing Munro for this one. Unchanged XI for NZ, and I reckon we'll win.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bangladesh gave us a bit of a run for our money in the last WC, more so than any other side who wasn't Australia during the group stage. Looking forward to this.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh gave us a bit of a run for our money in the last WC, more so than any other side who wasn't Australia during the group stage. Looking forward to this.
Plus knocked us out of the last Champion's Trophy in England ... this definitely feels like a danger game, to me. I'd love to see a dominant victory, but I'll be happy with a win of any sort.

cnerd123

likes this
Hope we smash NZ, but I am worried that the side will bounce back from the SA game with a sub par performance, as they tend to do after good wins.

But they have seems to have found a degree of consistency these past few months, and they seem hungry. Here's hoping they pull it off. Would be a huge step towards securing a semi final berth.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any insight on the pitch anyone?

Kind of gutted it's a daynighter, which means I can't even watch the first couple of hours

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Any insight on the pitch anyone?

Kind of gutted it's a daynighter, which means I can't even watch the first couple of hours
After the good timing of that Sri Lanka game, pretty much all of the rest of our matches look like pretty bad times for viewing from NZ, to me. For those of us with jobs anyway (wish I was back at uni right now!)

veganbob

U19 Captain
Im quite nervous about this one actually. People still under rate Bangladesh. They are genuine semi final contenders.

I actually think this is a bigger/more important game than the game vs the windies. Especially as I dont think windies will win 6 games (or 5), while Bangladesh are very likely to if they do beat us.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm not worried tbh. I'm a big fan of Bangers but for some arbitrary reason I think in NZ or English conditions our strengths just expose their weaknesses. Reckon we are strong favourites