• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - England v South Africa (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
SA captaincy so unbelievably bad. Why sit everyone back on the circle and give away singles every time the batsmen hit the ball? When Joe Root was on 80 he had a dot ball percentage of 5%. I.e. SA only bowled two dot balls at him, because of their field settings.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome night winning money on both NZ & Eng.

Got on twice on Eng, once paying $2.40 and then $3.75.

Root oozed so much time and class today, it's scary to think he can really improve his placement. Once he does that..holy shizzers. That must be one of the most batter friendly pitches of all time.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Dreadful bowling performance. Only positive is its only the firs game of the tournament. All three pre tournament favorites India,Aus and SA losing their opening game.

vcs

Steyn's limited overs career is looking pretty underwhelming right now.

Niall

International Coach
:)
Brian Lara ‏@BrianLara 20m20 minutes ago
I'm proud to see a top class TEST BATSMAN @root66 play the most outstansing innings of the #ICCWT20 leading ENG to an impropable win. #class

vcs

His T20 I record is pretty good, had an awful day today thought.
I'm looking at his WC performances on the whole, been pretty mediocre apart from 2011. He's had good totals to defend on quite a few of those occasions as well.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I'm looking at his WC performances on the whole, been pretty mediocre apart from 2011. He's had good totals to defend on quite a few of those occasions as well.
Fair enough if we are looking at world cup performances. But overall odi and t20 i records aren't horrible. People just expect more from him because of the bowler he is in tests.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't want to put the mockers on him, as its Dale Steyn, but to me he just looks like he's lost something. His action is quite slingy now and he's much less explosive at the crease. I'd still back to still get good results in the long form game, but to me he's just an average limited overs bowler.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Steyn hasn't played much cricket at all recently. At his age he probably is in decline but he's also probably a little lacking in match practice.

SupercricketFan

Cricket Spectator
South Africa played 2 T20s against England and 3 against Australia before coming to India for the World cup. They had enough practice but they are missing a good spinner. England was smart in not attacking Tahir..What do you guys think?

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't want to put the mockers on him, as its Dale Steyn, but to me he just looks like he's lost something. His action is quite slingy now and he's much less explosive at the crease. I'd still back to still get good results in the long form game, but to me he's just an average limited overs bowler.
Steyn was never really a great LO bowler

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a run chase. Gave them no chance after the bowling performance, but boy did they perform. Rooteh is an absolute beast. What a man.