• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at Hobart - 14-19 Jan 2022

Spark

Global Moderator
No ? for this one

For Aus, Starc looks cooked and on the verge of doing something nasty to his ankle and probably is due for a well-earned rest, and apparently Boland's injury is actually a bit more severe than it seemed

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hobart's a decent city. Great distilleries, a decent architecture round the harbour, some great stuff to do round the city. **** City centre for pedestrians though - definitely built to satisfy the motorist. Much nicer city than Sydney, IMO.

EDIT: Would have been keen to see an Ashes test in Hobart. Flew into Hobart once at the same time as the Australian Test team. Only a couple (or is it one?) luggage conveyor and so was standing amongst the team as they waited for their bags. Pretty laid back. The customs beagles sniffing out for fruit rather than drugs etc. Very interested in Peter Siddle, for obvious reasons [the beagles, that is]. Unfortunately, didn't see the Test as I was heading out to the Franklin-Gordon NP for 10 days in the wilderness. **** the leeches though. Ugh.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've had Hobart (and Bellerive Oval) on my list for a few years now. Hope to make it there at some stage.

Gnske

More airports in Aus need sniffer beagles instead of old guys trying to frisk your balls

Spark

Global Moderator
Hobart Airport news page shows they were training new beagles in October 2020 and a Biosecurity Tasmania post from December 2021 still shows beagles.
huh i thought they got retired a few years back. i guess a few airports are still holding strong rather than swapping to labs like everywhere else

HeathDavisSpeed

huh i thought they got retired a few years back. i guess a few airports are still holding strong rather than swapping to labs like everywhere else
Tasmania goes a fair bit harder on the biosecurity stuff than other states, though? At least that's my recollection.

Gnske

That's very true.

Fittingly I bet those Beagles are inbred as an Alabama wake

Gnske

Reminder that Hobart runs have to be multiplied by 2 for their actual value.

Look for Marcus Harris, this is his time for a Hobart 50

Aritro

International Regular
Hobart, like much of Scotland, is a wonderful place where the winds will make you wish you'd never been born.