• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - Australia v New Zealand (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's a better win than the India game I reckon. They're both terrific wins but this one they had to turn the momentum mid innings.

Steve Smith and Khawaja dismissals looks horrific now.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats to the good New Zealand fans. Bowled very well. You know who I'm not referring to.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nev should have turned down the single. Nev should bat in the top 4.

Steve 'Top 5 T20 bat in the world' Smith failing again.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the slow pitch debate earlier, still made for a pretty interesting game IMO. I've always felt slow/difficult batting wickets tend to make for the most entertaining ODIs and I don't think the formula is that different in t20s. Really good batting wickets make for pretty predictable games in general, which this definitely hasn't been.
Eh, this has gone exactly how you'd expect on a pitch like this.

Other than that, I mean yea, some people find 20th century telegraph poles entertaining.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Healy and Taylor now complaining about the pitch and NZ outfielders throwing the ball and wrecking it in the process.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent game but wouldn't have been as close had Williamson brought on his spinners and slower bowlers a bit earlier.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Healy and Taylor now complaining about the pitch and NZ outfielders throwing the ball and wrecking it in the process.
think they were just trolling tbh

Lucky NZ won or that McClenaghan lbw not given against Khawaja would have invalidated Australia winning amongst all right-minded fans. It's unfortunate but I don't make the rules on how these things work.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Eh, this has gone exactly how you'd expect on a pitch like this.

Other than that, I mean yea, some people find 20th century telegraph poles entertaining.
People who find incessant slogging going for sixes entertaining probably have the attention span of a fruit fly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah. I'm finally starting to come around to t20 after years of being somewhere between bored and irritated by it, but the music and other gimmicks are still super annoying to me. I get why they are there of course but yeah.
Same here. This is the first tournament I am watching a bit seriously since one of the initial champions trophy and have quite enjoyed it so far.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Well, a few things we can take away:

— We probably won't learn anything from this; certainly not when we tour India.
— We manage to play to the field placement perfectly
— If players went back and across, they wouldn't sky so many shots off those slow bouncers
— Those slower balls would not stand a chance against somebody who could square drive well

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, handy win, makes it very likely at least one of Australia or India will miss the semis which will please the other group.

NZ still need to win at least one of the last two games too, and they'll both be difficult.