• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

91Jmay

International Coach
Thing is, Healy can't be a worse cricketer than Lyon.
Yeah I probably agree but it’s worth noting he averaged 22 across a good sample size against the two best teams he faced in his career. I know wicket keepers averaged a lot less then but that’s still extremely low. I get his is possibly the GOAT glove man though so he’s still a excellent player obviously.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Amazing series to watch.
I really thought it was going to be 4-0 after that 36.
India's bowling and lower order resolve has been so much fun to watch. The injury replacement bowlers have surprised most people.

Rain deciding the final day would be the most anti climatic end to this series and I really hope it doesn't happen. Whatever the result - this series deserves a final day with the players deciding the outcome.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Forecast for the rest of Tuesday
Summary
Max 30 Shower or two. Possible storm.Possible rainfall: 5 to 20 mm Chance of any rain: 70%
Brisbane area
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm, possibly severe. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

The radar looks ok ATM 0700.
As far as a storm goes it usually comes late if at all.
Hoping for first two sessions at least.
70% chance often means little rain and 5/20ml means the showers will be scattered over the Brisbane area which is huge.
Even 20ml means SFA in QLD.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Can India do it! This will be historic. But so unlikely because of the rain, our batting line up, Australian bowling line up, no Kohli and it being Day 5 and possibly not a full-day. I believe in miracles! Let the spirit of VVS guide!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Forecast for the rest of Tuesday
Summary
Max 30 Shower or two. Possible storm.Possible rainfall: 5 to 20 mm Chance of any rain: 70%
Brisbane area
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm, possibly severe. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

The radar looks ok ATM 0700.
As far as a storm goes it usually comes late if at all.
Hoping for first two sessions at least.
70% chance often means little rain and 5/20ml means the showers will be scattered over the Brisbane area which is huge.
Even 20ml means SFA in QLD.
Could I please get a picture of a nearby highway cam

irfan

State Captain
Can India do it! This will be historic. But so unlikely because of the rain, our batting line up, Australian bowling line up, no Kohli and it being Day 5 and possibly not a full-day. I believe in miracles! Let the spirit of VVS guide!
Can only hope! But realistically I think India will just about hang on for a draw with two sessions to bat. This pitch is far too unpredictable if you hit the cracks which the Aussie seamers will do often enough. Predict Green will snag a wicket or two if he bowls stump to stump and Lyon will finally utilise a Day 5 pitch to take a bagful. Besides Pujara, there's too many in the batting lineup that will play with hard hands and away from the body.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If green decides to bowl a consistent length he will be extremely dangerous here, that bounce Siraj got yesterday will have him licking his lips.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What a great end to the series this will be. Very impressed by what India has done with the likes of Natarajan having to play...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Need at least 2 wickets first session, ideally 3.

Please let the rain stay away.

Although the highest successful chase was 236 (about 100 runs less than India need) there has been scores over 328 before (and two of them were actually close)