• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Aside from team debuts (Afghanistan, Ireland etc.) and SA coming back from isolation when's the last time a team played a bowling attack with only four tests between them?
Just checked the WI contract dispute tests versus Bangladesh. There were three debutants: Miller, Roach and Austin, then Sammy who had played only five tests, but Tino Best had played a dozen or so.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Sundar's like for like for Ashwin. Both he and Thakur can hold a bat hence bolstering the batting.
I am kind of okay with Sundar playing. With covid and circumstances he struck gold. But Thakur playing as part of a 4 man pace attack is too much.

DriveClub

International Regular
Cruel to debut Sundar as lone spinner, he will go the distance. Also how did Aus end up batting 1st all 4 tests?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kuldeep literally the only bowler in the squad available right now who's taken a 5frr in Australia. No point strengthening the batting in theory if australia get 600+.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I get the in-theory appeal of Sundar at #7 to hedge against the risk of a quick blowing up, even if he's a discount Lomror, but I'm a little shocked that they've chosen to leave out the best available bowler in the squad.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I am kind of okay with Sundar playing. With covid and circumstances he struck gold. But Thakur playing as part of a 4 man pace attack is too much.
Yeah, Kuldeep should've been in over Thakur. They must've seen something in the nets to go with the latter. Maybe the pitch's reputation has forced their hand to go with four seamers. Doesn't sit well with me either; a 3-2 attack is far more preferable.