• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

ffs ****s you are going to permanently break him
If he was at risk of being permanently injured you would think he wouldn't play. He's going to ridiculous lengths not to play a home test.

Burgey

how unreasonable for a injured player to spend some time in the pavilion recovering because he knows he'll probably need to bat through pain the next day. What despicable behavior.
Settle down, little fella. You'll blow a gasket.

I think in that situation consideration ought to be given to where the player can bat. Attrition is a big part of a test match. Like I said, I don't mind a sub keeper being used, but I think the playing conditions surrounding a situation like this is something worth looking at re where the player can bat.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Nah I wouldn't be saying the same thing if the situation was reversed. Why just make more assumptions? So what did you expect a team with 3 players injured to do? Not show up? He popped in pills, had a day of rest and he is back. Just saying the injury was fake is just sad
I’m not saying it was fake. I’m saying it clearly wasn’t that bad that he couldn’t keep, considering how he batted. They replaced him as keeper with a better keeper. How’s that hard to understand?

Just make the rule that you can play a fill in keeper if you choose, but from that point in the match your selected keeper can’t bat. That’ll weed out this sort of bull****.

Otherwise, a member of your selected playing XI can keep (as previously) and your keeper is still entitled to bat if he’s capable.

Burgey

Well that's the rules. So what do we do about it? Saying the injury is faked like what Red is saying is not right.
I dunno mate, I've made like three posts saying what my own view on it is. If you don't want to agree or even read them, that's ok. But don't keep asking ffs

cnerd123

likes this
If Bumrah rocks up at 50% we absolutely need 5 bowlers.

Agarwal in doubt too now. Still no official news on whether Vihari and Ashwin are ruled out too. So that's 4 players under an injury cloud.

At this point it's easier just listing out who is fit lol. Rohit/Gill/Shaw/Rahane/Pujara are the fit batters, Siraj/Saini/Thakur/Natranjan/Kuldeep the fit bowlers, and both Pant and Saha should be good to play.

Red

No way he was 'okay'. I bet he isn't okay right now either. The fact that he went out there and batted the way he did is to his credit. It takes a lot of toughness to play through pain.
sure, but as I keep saying, if he can endure whatever pain batting as he did, he can also endure it keeping.

it’s called “test” cricket for a reason

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m not saying it was fake. I’m saying it clearly wasn’t that bad that he couldn’t keep, considering how he batted. They replaced him as keeper with a better keeper. How’s that hard to understand?

Just make the rule that you can play a fill in keeper if you choose, but from that point in the match your selected keeper can’t bat. That’ll weed out this sort of bull****.

Otherwise, a member of your selected playing XI can keep (as previously) and your keeper is still entitled to bat if he’s capable.
This is the kind of thinking that results in injuries worsening as teams have an incentive to stretch the injured player. We should all be moving past this and it is fine if the same rules are applicable to all so that, in the long run, things even out.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Bumrah rocks up at 50% we absolutely need 5 bowlers.

Agarwal in doubt too now. Still no official news on whether Vihari and Ashwin are ruled out too. So that's 4 players under an injury cloud.

At this point it's easier just listing out who is fit lol. Rohit/Gill/Shaw/Rahane/Pujara are the fit batters, Siraj/Saini/Thakur/Natranjan/Kuldeep the fit bowlers, and both Pant and Saha should be good to play.
vihari has a grade 2 hamstring tear and walked singles when they were 3 runs available ffs

he's out

cnerd123

likes this
Settle down, little fella. You'll blow a gasket.

I think in that situation consideration ought to be given to where the player can bat. Attrition is a big part of a test match. Like I said, I don't mind a sub keeper being used, but I think the playing conditions surrounding a situation like this is something worth looking at re where the player can bat.
I think there are already laws about where you can bat depending on how much time is spent off the field. Same with how long you have to wait before you can bowl. I will assume those were followed in letting Pant come out at 5. Haven't read anything to suggest otherwise.

Shri

Mr. Glass
sure, but as I keep saying, if he can endure whatever pain batting as he did, he can also endure it keeping.

it’s called “test” cricket for a reason
oh wow thank you for your input sir

wouldn't have thought of it myself

now shut up and stop condescending

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I dunno mate, I've made like three posts saying what my own view on it is. If you don't want to agree or even read them, that's ok. But don't keep asking ffs
Come on Burgey. I just replied to your post wasn't trying to fight about it. This whole thing started with Red saying the injury's seriousness was faked and you saying you agree with what he said.

TheJediBrah

This is the kind of thinking that results in injuries worsening as teams have an incentive to stretch the injured player. We should all be moving past this and it is fine if the same rules are applicable to all so that, in the long run, things even out.
This is great, but what really brought it into focus was Pant's keeping on day 1 being so bad. I'm sure it was mostly a coincidence but even the most parochial of Indian fans should be able to see the questionable nature of him being replaced by a much better keeper because he was "too injured", but then coming out to bat and batting perfectly well. Regardless of whether it was within the rules.

Red

Come on Burgey. I just replied to your post wasn't trying to fight about it. This whole thing started with Red saying the injury's seriousness was faked and you saying you agree with what he said.
I’m not saying it was necessarily faked, but it looks pretty suss when you can’t keep (a very pivotal role in cricket) but nek minnit you can bat completely fluently.