• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It isn't really, unless he wants to bring up actual evidence that Pant's injury wasn't real.
Nah it's a reasonable observation to make where a bloke couldn't keep one day with an elbow problem but could bat like that the next. I genuinely don't mind the rule though, but can see why people don't, and they'll cite Pant in Sydney as a reason why they don't

Edit: it may be something which could be obviated by not being allowed to bat above a certain spot if you're a subbed out keeper. I dunno, these things generally take time to bed down once rules are changed. It's one which is a pretty rare occurrence anyway.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What? What does your previous relationship have to to with India using a sub (significantly better) keeper before we watched the apparently injured selected keeper come and bat completely unfettered? Seriously.
And my comment about my past relationship is just to say that your assumption just shows more about you than about any facts

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Nah. If the situation was reversed you’d be saying the same thing.

If you can’t keep, you can’t bat. No way he batted like that if he was in so much pain that he couldn’t keep. And if he could bat like that in pain, then he could fkn well keep.

Id be proper pissed if I was the opposing captain of a team who did this in club cricket. Are you honestly saying you’d be cool with what happened if it was your opponents on a Saturday? Lol

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What happens if a couple more players are injured before the 4th test begins (which, let's face it, can happen)? Is it considered a forfeit if a team can't field an XI?

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah it's a reasonable observation to make where a bloke couldn't keep one day with an elbow problem but could bat like that the next. I genuinely don't mind the rule though, but can see why people don't, and they'll cite Pant in Sydney as a reason why they don't
Yeah but he was going beyond that, he was saying that India behaved in an underhanded way by overstating the severity of the injury so they could avoid having Pant keep. Just no evidence of that at all.

Burgey

Yeah but he was going beyond that, he was saying that India behaved in an underhanded way by overstating the severity of the injury so they could avoid having Pant keep. Just no evidence of that at all.
No that's true, but it plays into the Pant keeping like a busted meme, which is kind of funny :ph34r:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah the insider in the dressing room knows best, ladies and gentlemen.
Yeh good argument. He could suddenly bat more fluently than anyone in the match in spite of not being able to keep an innings prior.

Don’t need to be in the dressing room to know that’s a crock of **** mate.

Shri

Mr. Glass

ffs ****s you are going to permanently break him

cnerd123

likes this
What happens if a couple more players are injured before the 4th test begins (which, let's face it, can happen)? Is it considered a forfeit if a team can't field an XI?
I think India will find an XI one way or another. Too much money on the table to not play the 4th Test.

Spark

Global Moderator
The regulations for who gets to be part of the squad and who isn't is subject to the pre-tour arrangements by the BCCI and CA, so it would come down to... negotiations between the BCCI and CA. Likely there would be yet more scrambling to allow India to get more players into the squad.

Burgey

There'll be some kid bumming around in Brisbane grade from a rich private school in Mumbai or something who'll get a game. Like Mike Whitney in England in 81 for us.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

If you can’t keep, you can’t bat. No way he batted like that if he was in so much pain that he couldn’t keep. And if he could bat like that in pain, then he could fkn well keep.

Id be proper pissed if I was the opposing captain of a team who did this in club cricket. Are you honestly saying you’d be cool with what happened if it was your opponents on a Saturday? Lol
Nah I wouldn't be saying the same thing if the situation was reversed. Why just make more assumptions? So what did you expect a team with 3 players injured to do? Not show up? He popped in pills, had a day of rest and he is back. Just saying the injury was fake is just sad

cnerd123

likes this

did you see the blow Pant took?

No way he was 'okay'. I bet he isn't okay right now either. The fact that he went out there and batted the way he did is to his credit. It takes a lot of toughness to play through pain.

He will probably be fit to keep the next test though, given there was no fracture.